The Wedding Vows

Minister: Dearly beloved, we meet here today to witness a sacred ceremony: the union of Jessica Renee and Jason Allen. With great reverence, we come together to celebrate the love and devotion shared by these two children of the Universe that stand before us. We are especially blessed to be joined today by family and friends. The Bride and Groom are honored you could be here to participate in this important occasion.

There are few greater joys in life than finding someone with whom we truly "click." In that spirit, I will now share a short reading on soulmates from author Richard Bach: "A soulmate is someone who has locks that fit our keys, and keys to fit our locks. When we feel safe enough to open the locks, our truest selves step out and we can be completely and honestly who we are; we can be loved for who we are and not for who we're pretending to be. Each unveils the best part of the other. No matter what else goes wrong around us, with that one person we're safe in our own paradise. Our soulmate is someone who shares our deepest longings, our sense of direction. When we're two balloons, and together our direction is up, chances are we've found the right person. Our soulmate is the one who makes life come to life."

Over the course of their relationship, Jessica Renee Former and Jason Allen have developed a strong bond based on shared values and mutual respect. With a solid foundation from which to grow, they have made the decision to take the oath of marriage and spend the rest of their lives together.

Let us revel in the joy and love on display here today. May we treasure these memories as Jessica Renee Former and Jason Allen, Under the eyes of the Universe, get set to begin their new life together.

Family Blessing -
Minister: Who gives this bride

Bride's Companion: I do.

Speak Now -
Minister: If anyone has cause to object to the forming of this union, speak now or forever hold your peace.

Wedding Sermon -
Minister: (Addressing guests) Marriage is a venerated institution, and one deserving of deep reverence. Today we observe the union of Jessica Renee Former and Jason Allen in matrimony, a commitment they have chosen to undertake with all the sincerity that it warrants.

While marriage is a sacred and serious tradition, it is also cause for tremendous joy. Married life is full of surprises, adventures, and memory-making – all made possible by the enduring power of love. When Jessica Renee Former and Jason Allen finalize this union, they will begin a new life of partnership, one defined by shared hopes, dreams, and successes.

(Addressing couple) Jessica Renee Former and Jason Allen, as you learn to live as one; you will encounter many challenges that can help you grow. Spend time doing the things that make life precious – cooperate with each other, always make time to laugh together, and never lose appreciation for the love that you share. Remember, too, to adhere to the vows that you will make today. Seek strength from each other, give hope to each other, and let your trials help you grow together. They say love can build bridges and climb mountains — and they're right. You will find that as it grows and matures over time, your love for one another will prove both fulfilling and empowering.

Yes, there will be challenges in life, but the strength of your bond will offer you protection against life's storms. Always make your relationship a priority, and continue to nurture each other. Through a commitment to love, together you will be able to navigate any obstacles that come your way.

Consecration -

Minister: Under the eyes of the Universe, I solemnly bear witness to these matrimonial proceedings. I will now finalize the sacred covenant you shall both enter into on this day.

The rite of marriage is an ancient institution, an important ritual that binds two people together for the rest of their days. Today, as you form this union, you're choosing to take a vow that is as sacred today as it was to your ancestors.

Love is the soil from which life itself grows. As Carl Sagan famously wrote: "The world is so exquisite with so much love and moral depth. We should remain grateful every day for the brief but magnificent opportunity that life provides. The sum of all our evolution, our thinking and our accomplishments is love."

Vows -
Minister: Jessica Renee Former and Jason Allen, I invite you to express your sacred vows to one another. Please face each other as you declare these vows before the Universe and in the presence of your family and friends.

Jessica Renee Former, you may start.

Jessica Renee Former: I, Jessica Renee Former, take you, Jason Allen, to be my lawfully wedded husband. I promise to keep you by my side through good times and bad, for richer or poorer, in sickness and in health. I vow to stay true to you, honor you, and love you for the rest of my days, until death do us part.

Jason Allen, now is the time for your promise.

Jason Allen: I, Jason Allen , take you, Jessica Renee Former, to be my lawfully wedded wife. I promise to keep you by my side through good times and bad, for richer or poorer, in sickness and in health. I vow to stay true to you, honor you, and love you for the rest of my days, until death do us part.

Declaration of Intent -
Minister: Jessica Renee Former and Jason Allen, please join hands. Under the eyes of the Universe, Jason Allen, do you take Jessica Renee Former to be your lawfully wedded wife? Do you promise to support her completely and love her unconditionally, so long as you both shall live?

Jason Allen: I do.

Minister: Under the eyes of the Universe, Jessica Renee Former, do you take Jason Allen to be your lawfully wedded husband? Do you promise to support him completely and love him unconditionally, so long as you both shall live?

Jessica Renee Former: I do.

Minister: Very well, let us proceed.

Ring Exchange -

Minister: It is now time to exchange the rings. The circle formed by each ring is a symbol of your love and eternal commitment to each other. May these rings remind you always of these sacred promises you've made to each other today in the company of your family and friends.

Jason Allen, you will go first. Please repeat after me as you place the ring on the hand of your loved one.

I, Jason Allen, give you, Jessica Renee Former this ring as a symbol of my love, commitment, and the eternal vows we have made today to each other. With this ring, I thee wed.

Jessica Renee Former, your turn.

I, Jessica Renee Former, give you, Jason Allen Anderson this ring as a symbol of my love, commitment, and the eternal vows we have made today to each other. With this ring, I thee wed.

~~~

Minister: By the power vested in me, by the state of Ohio and by the Hospital chapel, I pronounce you, Jason Allen and Jessica Renee as husband and wife, lawfully wedded before the Universe.

Minister: Jason Allen, you may now kiss the bride.

Minister: Ladies and gentlemen, it is with great honor that I officially present to you Mrs. and Mr. Jessica Renee and Jason Allen!!