Chapter 9: Shotgun in the dark

How the hell was Sonic going to get that Tonic??? He looks over and still sees Shadow working away at the Turret, looks like every time he messes up, he gets hurt but doesn't even flinch, nor does he say ouch! Do splicers not feel pain at all?? Anyways, Sonic had to focus on getting that Tonic, he almost felt like he needed it for something later on the journey. A splicer came in as he dealt with it before Shadow could do so. He heard him mumble a thank you as he hacked away the turret. He goes into a bathroom/surgical like room and looks to his bottom to see a vent. 

He squats down and takes off the metal part with his wrench before crawling inside it. He hits the other metal thing off before going in. Sonic searches the room before going over to the Tonic and picks it up. He decides to read what it was called. It was a Combat Tonic called Wrench Jockey. It seems interesting enough, so, Sonic looked at the description of the Tonic before he goes to keep it. The Wrench Jockey's description had read: 

Wrench Jockey bulks up your upper body, allowing you to wield club-like weapons with unpredictable skill and power! 

Sonic looked at his upper body. He was scrawny mobian, looking like a female unless he wore his sweater. Sonic had always hated this feminine look of his and if this Tonic was right, it would get rid of that in no problem! He tucked it into his quills to use for later, finally, he can look like an actual muscular mobian that could protect his children... if he wanted any, of course. He left the room, which it's flickering light was a problem to poor Sonic's eyes. Once he got back to the bathroom/surgical room, he was greeted with a splicer, but, before the female bear splicer could do anything to him, Shadow had shot his pistol. 

Sonic sighed in relief. Sonic got up and turned slightly left as he was about to turn right until Shadow pulled him back. 

" What the hell, Sha- " 

His mouth was covered by a blood-stained, furred hand that had two red stripes down the middle and ring finger. 

" Shut up, Faker! You were about to get us caught by the security camera. "

Using his other hand, the ebony splicer points at the red light that soon disappeared. Sonic made a small oh as Shadow got out his Electro Bolt and zapped the security camera. He goes over to it and hacks it as Sonic madly blushes before going over and checking out what can find. There was an audio Diary that was by Suchong. Huh, what an interesting name, Sonic thought as he turned it on. 

"Clinical Trial Lot 44 Dr. Suchong/Client Fontaine Futuristics. Subject is white male, one Roland Wallace. Can you hear me, Mr. Wallace?  Yes sir, Mr. Suchong, Sir. Very well. Right, I'm introducing lot 44 now ... We've codenamed Lot 44 'Enrage' because of its tendency to ... (Wallace can be heard screaming in the background) Nurse, hold him down ... nurse! Nurse! "

As short as that audio diary was, it sent chills down Sonic spine. He looks over to see Shadow done hacking the camera. 

" Wow, Shadow, you are really good. "

Shadow just looks over and stares at him before looking away. Sonic was confused, did he not like the compliment? Oh well, it was time to explore. Shadow looked like he was cracking open a safe, and since Sonic didn't want to be killed, he left Shadow to his own devices. He went around the place, searching bodies and the stuff for important, necessary items.

He found his way out once he was done. Shadow had also come out and gave some bullets to Sonic. Sonic thanked him, yet again, Shadow only stared. He went into an area where laid a shotgun and some bucks laying around.

" Faker, don't you pick those up! " 

He turned towards Shadow.

" But a Shotgun will help us, besides, I am the one who wants to get home, you probably want to kill me off later! "

Shadow growls as his fist tighten but what he said was true, he was planning on just going to backstab him later on.

" Well, maybe I thought about- "

Sonic wasn't listening and picked up the Shotgun, making all the lights turned off. He felt Shadow go into a protective stance and got closer to him, making Sonic blush as he held the shotgun tightly. Shadow brought Sonic to where the light was as he brought out his pistol. They both heard it, a creepy laugh with echoing of footsteps.

Sonic and Shadow were back to back now so they cover more ground easier. A doctor splicer ran towards Sonic as the blue hedgehog shot at him with amazing aim. The splicer died immediately, making Sonic with relief. Shadow shot on incoming splicers on his side. They have done this for a while now, but unlucky for Shadow, he had run out of bullets.

" Shadow, use my machine gun, it's on my back! "

Sonic yelled as he shot at three splicers coming at him. Shadow took Sonic's machine gun and started shooting at the splicers. Lucky for them, the splicers had stopped coming and the lights came on. They both panted heavily and looked at each other. Sonic takes out his pistol and gave it to Shadow. 

" Here, you can use my pistol, I'll take yours and may I have my machine gun back, please? "

Shadow was quite shocked, earlier, they had argued and now Sonic acted like it didn't even happen. He sighed as they switched pistol as he gave back the machine gun to the smaller hedgehog. Both hedgehogs made their way to a door that opened, as Sonic picked up an audio diary. 

" Who's it by?

" Vanilla Tenenbaum. "

The blue hedgehog simply answered. Shadow nodded, but he had grown hatred for that rabbit over the years. She was, after all, the founder of ADAM. She was the one who drove the people of Rapture insane and little girls into monsters. Shadow didn't notice that Sonic already had turned on the diary. 

At the German prison camp, they put me to work on genetic experiments on other prisoners. They call me "Das Wunderkind', the wonder child. Germans, all they can talk about is blue eyes and the shape of forehead. All I care about is why is this one born strong, and that one weak? This one smart, that one stupid? All that killing, you think the Germans could have been interested in something useful? "

They went inside a place called ' Dandy Dental ' but both of them had seen nothing dandy about it. Sonic just wanted to leave Rapture with Shadow as the ebony splicer wanted to become sane again and make Sonic stay so he doesn't go insane again. Both decided to split up since there were two doors, one on the left, the other on the right. Sonic went to the left door, he jumped over the counter and entered it. He turned to his left and want forward to see another diary. He picks up and listens to it. There was a lot of Dr. Suchong diaries then there were Dr. Tails Steinman Prowler diaries. 

Clinical Trial Lot 23 Dr. Suchong/Client Fontaine Futuristics. Work on telekinesis Plasmid proceeding well. Lifting objects at distance present no problem. Moving objects through space, no problem. Cannot stop speeding bullet, but can catch and throw fast moving object. Problem not with Plasmid. Problem with reaction time...Suchong just get new idea for Plasmid. "

He shivers as he searches around, seeing Shadow at it again at another safe. Why was this place so big??? Why couldn't he just kill Steinman Prowler already and get out of here with Shadow???

Published: November 10, 2018

Update: August 6, 2019