Chapter 25: Tiredness

While the Hedgehogs left, they felt the stomps of a Big Daddy, probably from a Rosie. Sonic looked behind him to notice the Rosie going into Fighting McDonagh's. Nudging Shadow softly, he gets his attention as he whispers, not trying to attract any more splicers to them.

" Shadz, wait, we should go follow that Rosie. He might get a Little Sister that we can save. "

With a heavy sigh, the ebony followed the Big Daddy, going back into Fighting McDonagh's. Sonic gets out of Shadow's grip as he follows along with Shadow, not trying to get too close to it. It headed towards a vent in the bar part, looking around for danger before starting to pound it's big, metallic fist against the metal of the vent. It waited for a bit before the dirtied and bloodied feet of a little girl made their way out of the vent. Taking their weapons out, they started shooting as the Rosie unleashed its mighty roar. After a while, they finally killed it as Shadow searched the corpse while Sonic took the struggling girl and rid her ADAM. The little girl thanks him and goes back into the vent as he smiles at Shadow. He sighs.

" You know, we don't have to save every Little Sister. "

" Well, Shadow, I want those little girls normal, not monsters. "

The ebony growled. 

" Well, normal here in Rapture is when a little girl has the slug with ADAM in it. "

The blue hedgehog looked at the splicer with disbelief. 

" What the hell has gotten into you? A couple of minutes ago, you were just playing around with me, and now you are being cold again. "

Sonic rubs his templates.

" Look, if I ruined the mood because I wanted to do something that was considered morally right, I'm sorry. Let's just head back, we have some photos to give. "

Sonic starts walking off, as Shadow followed behind. It was eerily quiet between the both of them. The blue hedgehog felt uncomfortable as he went over to the Circus of Values to buy some more ammunition for his machine gun " Shadow ", shotgun, and both Shadow's and his pistols. He spent most his money as he decides he'll also buy some first aid kits just in case something happens to either one of them. They leave and started to go back to where they came from, but there was a splicer. Shadow killed it before Sonic could even load his gun, which shocked Sonic. How did he do that so fast? It was like his gun already had bullets in it be he knew that he needed to reload it. 

The ebony just silently grabs Sonic's wrist as they make their way back again. Here we go again with the whole treating me like a baby thing, Sonic thought to himself as he rolls his eyes and huffs a bit. Once they get close to the door to enter into the Upper Warf of Neptune's Bounty, Atlas tunes on to speak to Sonic. Shadow, of course, glares at this, as he never trusted Atlas when he was first came out to the public to being against Andrew Ryan. 

" Me wife, Moira- she's a right pain in the neck. But she's a beauty and means the world to me. I can't help to feel God's punishing me for bringing her and Patrick to this place. I thought this would be a better life for us. Can you imagine a bigger fool than that?  "

He ended as Shadow was shooting at a doctor-looking splicer across the place. Sonic sighs, sitting against the wall, he didn't know what was morally right or wrong anymore. On one hand, you have Atlas, whose begging him to help with his family. Then the other where Shadow wants nothing to do with him and feels like Shadow will leave him if he does. He follows Shadow once he finishes the splicer, his eyes had heavy bags underneath them and his torn up sweater cover in dried blood. He had cuts and bruises, and in all honestly, looked more of a splicer than his ebony partner. Shadow took noticed of this and picked him up, surprising the azure hedgehog as he finds a semi-secluded place. Setting Sonic down, he sighs.

" If you ever get tired, just tell me so we can find a semi-safe place to sleep. Don't worry about me, I don't need sleep to survive. "

Sonic nodded and yawns, falling asleep on the kind of wet ground. Shadow stands there, killing any splicer that came near with his wrench and making sure Sonic was safe. He sighs when he starts thinking about Rouge, his friend down here for the longest time. Speaking of the devil, someone flew down in front of him, of course making the ebony back up defensively. He sighs when it was just Rouge. 

" Well, heya handsome, still haven't kill the surfacer yet? "

She slightly growls at the end of her question, glaring at the ebony hedgehog and splicer in front of her. He only huffs and looks back at Sonic, as much as they argue and complain he cared about him. Rouge sighs, she knew that he had grown to really care about this hedgehog. 

" Look, I don't need an answer, I already know the answer. "

She waves him off, making him glare and huff at her. 

" But you know this will be the end of our friendship. Eventually you'll have to kill me. "

Rouge looks away, taking off her cat mask to silently cry. Shadow softens up at the sight of his friend crying and hugs her softly.

" You know, you could always help us- "

" Shadow, hun, ye know i'm nothing like you! Ye still have a chance to be like him! To not be so dependent on ADAM! "

The spider splicer bat growls, putting her mask on and pushing the ebony hedgehog that was hugging her.

" Ye were created, you are different! Different from all the other splicers in this God damn place! So kill me now or kill me later! Because I can't be saved. "

She jumps up, disappearing into the darkness above. Shadow sighs, she was right, he was different and maybe was able to change from being a splicer to being like Sonic. Speaking of the azure hedgehog, his ears twitch turning towards the hedgehog. He turns around to faced the hedgehog, who was stretching. Emerald eyes meet ruby eyes whose owner lend the hand to the surfacer, making Sonic smirk. Shadow's eyes look down and sees his chain tattoo, finding it strange on why he had such a tattoo on him. He didn't think it about any further, since Sonic probably got it because he wanted to. 

" Alright, lets go, Shadz, we got some photos to show! "

He was a lot more energized, and cute- wait, what was the ebony hedgehog thinking!? Never mind his thoughts, they had a mission to do.