Chapter 16: The Gift from the Little Ones

Sonic and Shadow found nothing interesting in the Lower Wharf, so, they went through the door with a big, bright, neon sign saying ' Fontaine's Fisheries '. They walked through a curved hall and through a mini waterfall that was created by multiple leaks in the ceiling. Sonic shivered, his chest fur, well, what he had for chest fur, was now wet as so was his tank top. The blue hedgehog never liked water unless in the context of a shower. He wouldn't ever take a bath nor would he swim in a pool/at the beach, afraid that he would drown and now look at him! He was literally in an underwater city that could fall apart anytime now! 

He turned the corner and sees a small Teddy bear with a present in its hands as a Little One sets it up, before running off as he got closer. Sonic approaches the gift and squats down to it, smiling softly before looking up at Shadow. The ebony hedgehog was too busy acting as his bodyguard to see him, making him sigh as he took the gift and started opening it softly and caringly. Sonic got ADAM, now making 320 in total as he searches more in the gift, pulling out a new plasmid called Hypnotized Big Daddy, deciding to read what it is about.

Need a bodyguard in a pinch? Our new Hypnotize plasmid will fool a Big Daddy into protecting you as if you were its own Little Sister. 

He shows it to Shadow, who comments on how useful it will be in the future. He gets rid of his telekineses since Shadow had telekineses too. Suddenly, there was something bomb like shooting at them. Sonic and Shadow dodge the bombs as Shadow rushed over, attacking it and destroying it with his fist and plasmids. While Shadow was doing his usual hacking, Sonic shot at the splicers that were attacking the ebony hedgehog originally. Sonic smiled and blew away the smoke from that was coming out of the gun.

" Oi Shadz! Howz 'bout I explore up here by meself while you explore the Lower Wharf. "

Shadow only nodded, allowing the blue hedgehog to roam freely by himself. Sonic had heard himself and ponder if the accents from the splicers and Atlas were rubbing off on him. He shook his head gently and started to explore the place, even if the floorboards were creaking. He found nothing interesting and decided to go back to Shadow, who was patiently waiting for him to come back. He balance on a wooden pole and gotten up to the metal semi roofs of the place that acted like a barrier around the place. They both jump down and go through the door that was being protected. Suddenly, both hedgehogs heard it, a female splicer's voice.

" Who can blame a lady who craves variety. "

Sonic shivers at the thought as Shadow tightly held Sonic's hand. This wasn't going to be good, that is all the blue hedgehog knew...

// Sorry for another short chapter, i've caught a bad case of terrible writer's block when it comes to the creative and not in-game dialogue/descriptions. I promise to make 1838 page chapter tomorrow. See ya :)