Chapter 24: (Shadow's P.O.V) Fighting McDonagh's

Earlier, with Shadow while Sonic was in the other room with the desk. 

Shadow went upstairs of the place, seeing a door across the room open as a splicer came out. Shadow takes out his pistol and starts shooting, reloading it as he dodges the bullets that were being shot at him. The ebony one was swift, quick, and always on his toes. Being a splicer for a while really did give someone perks, but it could cause someone to go crazy. He shoots at the splicer a few more times, killing him. He feels some bullets piercing his back, as he turns around to see another god damn splicer. His face was emotionless, his eyes almost seemed lifeless as he points his pistol at the splicer. 

Time seemed to slow down as Shadow shot at the splicer. He was reminded when he lost Maria, and how he shot himself because of Dr. Lamb's control plasmid. The ebony one thought as he kept shooting in slow motion. Should he even be here? He failed to protect Maria, and now she is gone because of his patheticness. Only if he was a bit stronger, maybe Maria would be here... Then he starts thinking about Sonic. Sonic... he reminds him a bit about Maria, but still contrasts to her alot. He's nice and cute... could he possibly be... no, he couldn't, he could lose Sonic too. Shadow cannot get close to anyone anymore, he shouldn't be close Sonic. He hmphs as he finally kills the splicer behind him. 

He goes through the door and immediately takes notice of a safe across the room. With a wide smirk, he goes over  and starts hacking the safe, looking behind him every once and a while to make sure no one attacks him from behind him. He picks up the surrounding things around him once done with the hacking of the safe. He leaves the area to come face to face with the spider splicer that Sonic took a picture of. He takes out his machine gun, shooting at the damn bastard what seemed like forever. Blood covered the hedghog's hands when the spider splicer had gotten too close for his comfort. He huffs, before an evil smile graced his facial features. 

Shadow came up to a door with a door code on it, as he scratched his head. He shrugged as he just hacks it to get inside the room, since he had no clue what the code could be to get inside. He gets inside the dimmly lit room and sees the TV is the only thing lighting it up the room. Shadow sees a body on the mattress, beside it was an audio diary as he picked it up, blowing the dust off it to read who it was by. It was by a woman named Mariska Lutz.

" We saw our Masha today. We barely recognized her. That's her, Sam said. You're crazy, I told him. That thing? That, that is our Marsha? But he was right. She was drawing blood out of a corpse by Fontaine Fisheries, and when she was done, she walked off hand in hand with one of those golems. Masha! "

Soon, the TV turned off as there was a glow from a Tonic in the walls of the apartment. The ebony one walks towards it and grabs it out of the wall. It was an engineering Tonic called Shorten Alarms, a not so creative name for it. He turns it to the back to read the lable of the Tonic. 

What sound is more ominous than a yammering security alarm? With Shorten Alarms spliced, your personal EM signature becomes altered to interact uniquely with alarm sensors, shortening theperiod until you'll be free and clear. 

This was definitly a useful Tonic for Shadow as he adds it to his inventory of engineering Tonics. He leaves as he sees another door to his right, where he needed to electrocute the door control to open it, which he did. He goes into the room to see a bed, red lighting, and a corpse hand-cuffed to the bed. Oh, how his face shriveled up in digust, he knew very well this room was for. He spots a splicer and kills it, searching around the room as fast he could before leaving. Oh, how he felt EXTREMELY dirty after going into THAT room, now he wished he didn't go in at all. He had picked up another audio diary, this one being covered in blood, luckily. Later, he would need to wash his hands. 

Two splicers came into the room and started shooting at Shadow before he could listen to what the audio diary had to offer. He had quickly grabbed another Tonic he spotted out of the corner of his eye. He kills both splicers as he sees what kind of Tonic it was, which was called a Static Discharge 2. He then reads the lable of this Combat Tonic. 

Is your old Static Discharge not slowing them down enough? Upgrade to the new Static Discharge 2 today! ( A Ryan Industries gene tonic)

He thought this would be more fitting  for Sonic so he tucks it into his quills for now to give it to Sonic later. He finally turns on the audio diary and listen to McDonagh's voice.

" Mr. Ryan... I believe in Rapture. But that doesn't mean we always win. Fontaine Futuristics is the biggest thing going in Rapture. So let me be plain: when we arrest that toerag // Definition:  slang Brit a contemptible or despicable person [C20: originally, a beggar, tramp: from the pieces of rag they wrapped round their feet] // Fontaine for his theiving and smuggling, we must make it clear that we won't touch his business interest. We sit on the concil because these poor sods // couldn't find anything that matches the context // trust us... not because God gave us a chair. "

He leaves the room, killing a splicer that was in his way and downstairs in the bar part of Fighting McDonagh's. He sees Sonic and an audio diary so he jumps down and grabs it and quickly picks Sonic up, carrying him as they left the place. He let's Sonic listen to it as he closes his eyes. Today was a long day.