Chapter 14: Little Sister, Big Trouble

As the blue hedgehog got up, an explosion happened so fast, but the ebony one was able to protect him from the bits of fire and rubble. They heard a little girl scream daddy as they looked behind them. A body of a Big Daddy laid propped up against the window, on fire near a fallen pillar, making both hedgehogs look at each other, knowing the scream was from a Little Sister. They make their way towards a door until Sonic's damn radio came on, making huff, wishing he was quite talking to Sonic every god damn second they get somewhere. 

" It's a Little One... Here's your chance to get some ADAM. "

Shadow looks at Sonic, who was doubting what he wanted to do before he went in there. Shadow grabbed his shoulders and looked him the eyes, with a soft, yet serious expression.

" Sonic... She's a little girl, whatever you do, don't harvest her... She deserves to see the surface, doesn't she? "

Sonic's eyes sparkled as he smiles and hugs him, whispering a thank you. Sonic knew what he was going to do, like with Shadow, he would save all the Little Sisters in Rapture! Shadow stood near the big window that looked through the room as Sonic watched through the door. The Little Sister was whimpering as a male splicer walked towards her. 

" ...It's just you, me, and all the tasty ADAM I can drink... "

She screams as the splicer was about to hit her, making Sonic take a step forward until a shot of a gun seemed to come from up high. Both Shadow and the splicer look up to see who was the cause of this, in which another shot was caused. Sonic looks up to see a vanilla colored Rabbit with a pistol, who aimed it towards him as Sonic heard the reloading of Shadow's new gun.

" Stay away from her or it is you who will be shot next... "

" Easy now, Doctor... He's just looking for a wee bit of ADAM, just enough to get by... "

" I will not have him hurt my Little Ones... "

The female Rabbit explained with such aggression, it almost seems she viewed the Little Sisters as her own children. Sonic then remember there was a Rabbit Little Sister who almost liked her with her cream-colored fur. 

" It's okay, lad. That's not a child, not anymore it ain't. Dr. Tenenbaum saw to that. "

Sonic looks at the Little Sister who was whimpering, covering herself in protection. As he got closer to the Little One, she ran away from him, the pattering of her small feet was heard.

" Bitte, do not hurt her! Have you no heart? "

Tenenbaum called to him. Of course Sonic did, he wanted the Little One to see the surface, the sun, the ocean from above. She was pale, dirty, and in need of clothing. He wouldn't hurt her, and he was doubting whether he should trust Atlas anymore. 

" Aye, that's pretty sermon coming from the ghoul who cooked up them creatures in the first place. Took fine little girls and turned them into that, didn't you?  "

Sonic looks back at the Little Sister, hiding in the corner in fear. 

" Listen to me, Boyo: you won't survive without the ADAM those... things... are carrying. Are you prepared to trade your life, the lives of my wife and child for Tenenbaum's little Frankensteins?  "

He walked closer to her, he wasn't listening to Atlas anymore since he was bullshitting. These were little girls that need to be free, to see the light of day, and like Shadow, with a little bit of help, they can become normal too. 

" Here! "

Sonic turned towards Tenenbaum.

" There is another way... use this, "