Confusion

My mind was all over the place, I was tired of all this. I was tired of all the lying. Shooting the scenes weren't easy cause I couldn't focus.

Millie broke up with Jacob weeks ago, so her and Finn being a thing was quite possible.

«hi!» a soft voice exclaimed at me. I looked over and it was Sadie with her sweet smile which she always has. I gave her a half smile. «hi.»

she furrowed her brows. «what's wrong?» she asked softly and carefully.

I sighed. How could I explain? «just a lot on my mind.» I gave her a comforting smile.

She stepped closer to me. «no, tell me. Please.» she desperately asked.

I sighed yet again. «it's just- I'm confused. People are lying to me. They won't tell the truth.»

«well, people usually don't tell the truth cause they're scared it will hurt the person.»

«well, it doesn't exactly not hurt when they are keeping it from you and won't tell you.»

«sometimes, a lie is better than the truth. once you know something, you can't un-know it, it's embedded in your mind.»

«I'd rather know than spend my whole life wondering what it was.»

There was a pause.

«it's Finn and Millie right?» she asked as she furrowed her brows.

I glanced at her. I exhaled and answered. «Yes.» shamefully.

«you're not over Finn huh?»

I furrowed my brows at her. «what do you mean? Ive never liked Finn. I don't care ab-» I stopped myself and realized what I just said and how it made no sense. «I get your point.» I sighed.

She smirked at me. «you're not ready for me, are you?» she asked.

«what?! what, no- I'm totally ready for you. I want to be with you, not Finn!» I exclaimed.

«alright people get in your positions, we'll start shooting soon!» one of the crew members yelled.

I turned to him and then back at Sadie who started to walk away to get in her position and I gave her a worried look. Then I looked behind me where Finn stood talking to Charlie. I scoffed and walked over getting into my position.

The scene was rolling, we delivered our lines. God I wanted to slap him there. Retakes, rewrites, reshoots, I was getting tired. I stood there, watching them act. We were inside the house, in the living room. Discussing and planning our next move.

The bell rings and the director yells cut. I sigh and rub my neck in exhaustion.

«hey, y/n, great take.» he said impassive towards me, yet friendly.

I rolled my eyes. «DONT talk to me.» I say irritated and infuriated and start to walk away.

He grabs my arm and turns me around. «what? what did I do now?»

I looked at him with furrowed brows. His sort of bold haircut, his blue t shirt with collar and how his eyes were twinkling. I could feel the warmth from his hand gripping my wrist. It wasn't hard or violent, but gentle and kind.

«you continue to lie to me, not telling me the truth.» I say roughly.

He narrows his eyes and look deeply into mine. He parts his lips. «that's why you care so much.»

I furrowed my brows in confusion. «excuse me?»

«you're jealous.»

I scoff. «as I said, excuse me?»