Pale White Moonlight

It was close to midnight and we were hungry for ice cream

It was close to midnight and we were hungry for ice cream. Somehow Finn knew of an ice cream shop nearby which he and his brother Nick and Quincy went to yesterday.

Me, Sadie and Finn walked down the streets of Seattle at night. Sadie walked around with this book she had to read cause she was studying for exams. Caleb and Gaten didn't join us because, well, they weren't here when we decided to go get ice cream. They left us backstage, so we just went without them.

We got to the ice cream shop. I got a Nutella ice cream, Finn got a cookie and cream ice cream and Sadie got a strawberry and vanilla one. Instead of sitting inside, we decided to sit outside in the moonlight— plus we needed the fresh air.

«I don't get it. You eat so much and yet you're so skinny!» Sadie said observing to Finn while she put another spoon of ice cream in her mouth.

«I know. Its insane. I've lost so much weight.» he said while taking a bite of his ice cream. The fresh breeze moved my hair out of my way and I swallowed the cold ice cream down my throat.

«But,» I cleared my throat. «If you're eating so much then why are you losing so much weight?» I asked.

Finn chuckled. «Anxiety dude.»

(This conversation actually took place irl with Finn and Jaeden.)

«I'm experiencing a lot of anxiety and stress right now and I'm not losing any weight.» Sadie chuckled sweetly as she always does. Finn chuckled with her.

«Don't worry, Sadie. You don't need to lose any weight. You're perfect as you are.» Finn said softly with a warm smile. I couldn't help but smile at that comment cause it was so sweet.

Sadie just gave him the biggest heartwarming grin ever. You could tell that she was flattered. «Awww, thanks Finn.» she sincerely said and looked at him with a smile.

At this moment I somehow wasn't in my body- I wasn't in the discussion. It was like I was a ghost looking over us, seeing us from a distance and getting a view of our situation. I saw myself, Finn and Sadie; a group of three friends enjoying eachothers company, eating ice cream outside in the moonlight on some benches.

I couldn't believe that the people I saw were my closest friends. I felt so lucky to have them both— and I was so happy that they were close as well with eachother. Sadie and Finn continued with their conversation; I didn't hear what they were talking about since I zoned out. They were smiling and laughing with eachother, so they had a good time. Watching them being happy with each other, being comfortable, sharing their lives with each other- I felt so blessed. These are those kinds of moments that we will remember.

The setting was amazing and magical as well. Sadie's face was highlighted by the shining pale white moonlight and I could see the curls on Finns head slightly move due to the comforting cooling breeze. Yet, it wasn't cold— it was perfect temperature. We could sit outside here until morning. None of us wanted this moment to end; just people sharing and having a good time; having a genuine connection.

We talked all night.

***

We had to eventually leave cause we had a big day in front of us. Sadie sprinted ahead of us cause she freaked out that she wouldn't get enough sleep. Me and Finn laughed cause we both know that we won't fall asleep until 3 am or something like that. We walked slow instead and laughed at Sadie for how ridiculously adorkable she was.

«But Finn?» I said kind of concerned, making Finn stop laughing. «Yeah?»

«You said that you were dealing with a lot of anxiety...»

«Oh, don't worry about it.» he said reassuring.

But I couldn't- I was quite concerned. «Listen Finn. I care about you, I don't want to see you get hurt. If you need to talk about it, I'm here.» I said with empathy and understanding. I put my hand on his shoulder to comfort him and make him feel like he could trust me and that I was serious. He put his hand over mine and later put his whole arm around me. «Don't worry. I'm completely fine.» he stroked my arm with his hand that was hanging around me. But was he? He let go and smiled comforting at me.

«Look, Finn. I can see that you're getting skinnier, and I KNOW this isn't any of my business but- I just won't be able to just shake this off.» I said with concern.

We stopped walking and he just looked at me, wondering what to say back. Finn looked around and sat down at a bench. No one was here on the street- just us. And it was quiet as well.

I sat down next to him and he sighed as he was preparing to tell all. «Yeah, I've lost a lot of weight because of it, but it's just who I am. I always worry about anxiety- I get sick often because of it. I am genuinely afraid of getting anxiety itself so that's great.» he took a deep breath to pause. I knitted my eyebrows, feeling sorry and not knowing what to do nor say. «And now all this press is starting again, and I hate that. Like all the paparazzi screaming at us at the carpet is just horrible. I-» I stopped him by putting my hand on his shoulder. «It's alright.» I said comforting.

He looked at me and smiled. «You know what's weird?» I furrowed my brows and curled my bottom lip. «What?» i replied.

«For some reason, when I'm with you on press tours or anything in general- I don't get anxiety. I don't get sick, and I don't stress.» he said genuinely. «I always have to do something all the time. I always have to work and do something, you know that. My mind always works. But when I'm with you, it's like I can take a break.» he continued. I was baffled by all those things he said. «Really?» I asked softly. He nodded, «Yeah.» I smiled warmly at him. My body couldn't resist, I had to give him a hug. A big warm one, a sincere one, a genuine one; one that meant.
I hugged him hard and pulled him as close to me as possible and he did the same thing- I rested my head on his shoulder and closed my eyes, enjoying the moment as much as I could.

It was very comforting cause I could feel the heat from Finns body warming mine. There was something about that, another person making you feel warm and comfortable by personal touch. His curls were tickling my chin and I missed that feeling so much. So much that I could feel butterflies in my stomach. I was smiling, genuinely smiling. This was the comfort that I didn't know I needed.

We pulled away from the hug and continued with our walk home.

***
A/N:
I wrote this in April HAH—-

lmao I saw y'all comments and y'all are some horny ass mf's IM-

so I hope the next chapter calms you down a little bit..

HAH JK!

or is it jk??

ok- you'll just have to see ffs

buT exams are over. thank god. so I'll have time to write and stuff :))  hopefully... I'm sick so idk

but wow I cannot believe y'all have stuck to me for tHIS long 0.0

anywayyysss—- have a blessed day! xx