Sadie and Finn

I look at her completely shocked and speechless.

«No, no, no, no. Not like that! When I'm with you, I'm happy! Trust me, I am! It's just that- being alone is something else you know? Like it gives you a feeling that no person can give you, do you understand?»

She nods slowly. «But you weren't alone, you were with Finn...»

«Well, it felt like I was alone. He doesn't matter to me, I don't care about him!»

«Y/n... don't say that.»

«It's true! I don't like him like that, I've never liked him! He's an asshole and a jerk. I've never cared about him.»

«Don't lie. You care about him. I can see it.»

I narrow my eyes. «See it?»

«At the party, when you kissed me. You kept looking at Finn, doing all this to get his attention or something. I always see you looking at him.»

I looked at her.

«And it's fine. Y/n, it's fine. Don't hate on him because of me.» she continued.

«I don't-»

«Y/n.» she cut me off. She gave me a half smile. «Don't worry, I catch him looking at you too.»

I just kept looking at her.

«I don't know what, but you guys have something special. Something that no one else has.»

I chuckled. «Sadie, he's been ignoring me and brushing me off and treating me like garbage. I don't-»

«He cares about you.»

«How?? Didn't you hear what I said?»

«Trust me. He does.»

«Sadie, you make no sense.»

«Remember the whole trailer thing? When we were sitting there and you totally caught Finn in a lie with Millie?»

I nod.

«He made that up with Millie cause he was jealous of seeing you with me. I mean, did you see how defensive he got when you confronted him about it?»

«That doesn't mean that-»

«And all those times he kept his 'secrets' away from you? He did that to piss you off. He spent so much time with Millie, he knew that would annoy you. He wanted to make you jealous.»

I looked at her. «Alright, fine. If he actually did this because he wanted to make me jealous. He still spent so much time with Millie, something must've happened. I mean, no one spends that much time with eachother to make someone jealous.»

Sadie curled her lips. «I don't know. But then again, it doesn't mean that something has to have happened.»

«Yeah, not like he would tell me.» I mumbled.

«I'm just saying that, you guys might have a mutual feeling.»

«What is that? Hatred?»

Sadie looked at me with a stare that could kill you.
«Y/n.» she says seriously.

«Look. I don't care! He has hurt me SO many times, I can't even- like I don't know where to even BEGIN! He is a fucking jerk and an asshole. He has done things to me which makes it hard to trust him.»

Sadie looks at me worried. She puts her arm around me and pulls me to her. I really needed that.

«Listen, I'm sure he's sorry for all that he's done. He probably regrets all of it.» Sadie says comforting as she strokes my cheek.