Monster Rookies

2016 Melon Music Awards

Stage.  Lights.  Sounds. 

Thousands of fans screaming our names.  

It's always thrilling to perform, especially in front of such a large audience and our idol peers. We had just performed "Fire" and "Blood Sweat and Tears". 

With sweat dripping and uneven breaths, we made our way backstage after a successful performance, the front stage now seem like a whole other world. 

Our stylist noonas and makeup artists rush to dry our sweats and reapply our makeup to perfection. 

"Great job everyone" Namjoon hyung praised between his heaved breaths. 

We all patted each other on the backs with smiles on our faces. I can't wait for this to be over and go home so I can play games. Now.. should I play overwatch or -

My thought was interrupted as the screams of the fans suddenly got louder. A loud and distinct beat could be heard erupting from the speakers all around the stadium. 

My eyes gravitated towards the big screen backstage as the song sounded familiar enough. 

Blackpink. 

Ah yes, the monster rookie group that destroyed the charts even with just their debut songs. As expected from YG artists.

"Their live is good" Jimin hyung suddenly appeared beside me, arms crossed over his chest, also concentrating on the screen before us. 

 I never really saw them before. I only heard the audio of their tunes and saw some articles about the group. He's right, they're killing it.

"24/365 ojik neowa gachi hagopa -"

The camera panned to focus on the girl singing. 

She looks like a doll. 

Kind of.. exotic? She doesn't look Korean. Almost Caucasian. With the blonde hair, and that unbelievable proportions, it really accentuates th-

"What are you staring so intensely at Kookie" V hyung appeared on my other side, wrapping his arms around my neck. 

"Nothing" I nonchalantly said before clearing my throat. 

"Guys let's go" Jin hyung called, indicating that it's our queue to get out there to join other idols in the designated seating area. 

I tore my eyes from the screen and made my way towards the exit. 

By the time we got there, their performance was ending, I was kind of disappointed I didn't get the full audience experience of these "monster rookies". They sounded really good. 

The show dragged on like they always do, and I was bored out of my mind. 

Until a staff member came, with blackpink trailing behind her. They got seated behind us. I wanted to get a good glimpse of what they actually look like in real life, but was conscious enough to know that it was in public, and could not do anything too obvious. 

The lady staff then came over to us to tell us some instructions about the second part of the show. In all honesty I wasn't really listening, I was bored, and wanted to get out of there. 

Out of the corner of my eye, I spotted a tall figure with blonde hair, hurriedly crouching down to pick up something that has fallen down. I let my eye sight travel over for a split second, to find out it was a potted plant. 

She then quickly skipped back to her seats, just as the staff noticed her. 

I could tell from then on that she was kind. 

Eventually we got seated up

Eventually we got seated up. It was so exciting to be here with all the other idols, and now we're seated at the same level as them. 

What a true honor. 

However,

I could feel a burning stare from the left side, I'm aware that BTS sunbaenims were situated there, and I know we're not supposed to even look at any male idols. YG sajangnim made sure that was ingrained in our brains the moment we signed the contract. 

But it was getting kind of uncomfortable.

Just pretend you're looking around and turn back. I devised, curious to see if my intuition was correct. 

My head snapped quickly, enough to see another head whip away from my direction. 

Weird. 

________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: 

for next chapters, ~~~~~ means a little time has passed. 

                         while, +++++ means some time has passed.

Hope you enjoy! 

P.