Confession

"So

"So.. you're sure you have feelings.. for me?" the girl in front of me asked for the 100th time that night. 

I was conflicted whether to roll my eyes or just shut her up by kissing her right there and then. 

We were back at the hotel. 

Other than being completely mute the whole way back, she just asks me the same question over and over again. 

I flopped down to sit on my bed as soon as we entered, somewhat drained.

I cannot believe I did that. 

The memory of my long awaited confession ingrained in my brain; I was exhausted, but somehow also filled with adrenaline. 

It was dangerously bold and wildly romantic, if I do say so myself. 

My heart had never felt such a rush of emotions in my life, it was as if I was dreaming.. while jumping out of the plane at the same time. 

Lisa, however, was in a daze. 

Flashback,

{

"That song... I meant every word of it" I said, trying to convey my feelings, hoping she'll get the clue.

"Hahahah, what do you mean?" she giggled nervously and turned away. 

I pursed my lips, agitated. She didn't.

Why doesn't she get it?

"I wish we could run away and just play for a little while too, it's our prime of youth anyway, it's fun hanging out with yo-" 

"That's not what I mean Manoban" I said. 

I got up and sighed, getting ready to face whatever comes next. 

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, building up the courage to finally articulate my feelings out loud. 

"I like you. A lot. I mean- not as a friend. I like you as much as a guy can like ever like a girl"

I paused and looked at her, her eyes were wide open, staring straight at me.

"You're the first person that's ever made me feel ANYTHING at all. You're the first girl I've ever let into my life. You're like my vitamin, my oasis, my favorite song, the first person I think of when I wake up, and the last when I go to sleep. Nothing sounds better to my ears than when I hear you laugh. The sound of your voice alone can drown everything else out and silence all my demons. You're- you're my sense of home. You light up my world... I've never seen so much color and beauty around me except when I'm with you, Lisa, and everything still doesn't compare to your smile... Lali, you've been my sun for the past 2 years now, and I hope- and pray, that my skies will never dim again"