Chapter 12 "The realization of a loss of hope"

You turn to see what the other drew and Ganz drew you as a cat and frisk drew you and ganz snuggling together as cats. You and ganz blush a bit from the picture that frisk drew. “Hey I look really good as a cat N/n” Ganz says complimenting you. You blush a bit and say “Thanks I wonder what would happen if I turned into a cat….” Frisk then says “well I'm sure someone would pet you to death” You and ganz give an annoyed face at frisk. Your stomach growls. Ganz chuckles a bit. A warm smelling aroma fills the air. Frisk then yells “YEEES PIE!!!” and starts sprinting towards the kitchen. Ganz then gets up and offers a hand to help you up. You slowly take his boney soft hand and and he pulls you up gently. Your chest starts to have that same feeling before when he hugged you. The burning sensation was slowly creeping up. Filling your lungs. “Hey kiddo you ok?” He asked with a soothing voice making your lung burn some more but it doesn't hurt. You feel heat rise to your cheeks as he stared at you. You quietly say “Y-yeah I'm fine.” You decide to go after frisk to see the pie. Then toriel says in a welcoming voice “Y/n, Ganz time to eat!” You snap out of it and walk towards the lovely smell of pie. Honestly you haven't had pie in a long time you were excited to have a slice. Ganz followed behind you as you sniffed the air taking in the warm scent. You sat at the wooden table next to frisk. Frisk didn't notice because she was indulging her pie slice.there was a slice in front of you and you took your fork and started eating the pie. The texture was soft and tasted like cinnamon and butterscotch. You never tried it before. You started eating fast and you notice Ganz was also eating but kept his eye socket on you. You felt the warm sensation in your chest again. You were trying to figure out what this feeling was. You never felt this before you fell down. It was a nice feeling though but it felt like you were craving something more though when you had this feeling. You were getting agitated trying to figure out what the feeling was. You tried naming all the emotions in your head. ‘'Happy...no..Sad...no why would I be sad I'm having pie….anger ...definitely not...excitement..maybe.but its like being calm and happy but …..'You thought in your head. The realization hit you harder than your fall down to the underground. 'shit….is this love….no, no,no...maybe?’ You kept asking yourself about if it was love or not. ‘ I've only been here for….wait how long..oh no..I have to get out of here soon and try to free them.’ You felt a waterfall a sad feeling fall on your head. 'Heh I knew the fun wouldn't last..soon this will just be like a dream to me..’ A hand waved in front of your face as a voice started to zoom in like a camera except with headphones. “Hello?~ Earth to y/n” Frisk continued to wave a hand in your face. Ganz was really concerned at this point. “Hey Y/n!” Ganz snapped his fingers in front of you and you snapped out of your train of thought. “Huh?” you said confused as a crossed eyed kawaii turtle. “You ok? You seemed to be lost in your mind. Is there something going on in there?” His gentle voice echoed in your head. “Yeah I just need to lie down a bit” you say getting up from your chair and pushing it in. You start walking to your room. Your feet feel light as they hit the ground. You feel like someone is watching you but you don't know who. You feel a hand grab your shoulder tightly but not to tight to halt you to a stop.”hey kiddo you sure y-” You jump falling to the ground because you got so scared.He quickly lets go of you.”Woah kiddo it's just me”  Ganz says as he reaches his hand out towards you to help you up but you don't grab it. 'It's all going to end soon what's the point.’ Ganz sits down in front of you and hugs you to reassure you. You felt guilty and started tearing up trying not to make a sound but you made soft whimpers. Hugged him back and dug head into his chest. You cried a bit harder and ganz started brushing his boney hand against your back temping to make you feel better. “Sweetheart what's going on?” he asks trying to get answer from you. You started to think about what Mel said before. ‘He can hurt people without knowing he is doing it. Usually it would be about his flashbacks of when he was younger.’ You felt even more bad knowing he is already is going through a lot. You wanted to help but you want to free all the monsters of the underground. You continued to cry. You just needed to let your emotions out. You usually keep everything bottled up inside which causes you to feel this way. He starts to hug you tighter trying to get your attention to get you to tell him. “Hey, hey it's ok what's going on you can tell me.” You don't want to tell him that your planning to escape to free them because you will have to die for that to happen.”I-I'm s-sorry..” you managed to choke out between your crying. “Sweetheart there's nothing to be sorry about I don't understand what you did wrong.” Mel then walks over to you without you knowing and kneels down to your height that you and ganz are sitting at. He starts rubbing your back and Ganz starts growling and grabs you tighter than before like the first time you meet when he grabbed your arm. “Woah Ganz why are you getting defensive?!” Mel slowly takes his hand off of your back. “Mine…” he scoffed under his breath that you can hear making your chest heating up again and you blush a bit. ‘'he cares that much?’ You thought to yourself as ganz was tighting his grip on you. Ganz gave a bone chilling death glare at Mel and Mel did the same except smile. “Oh buddy it's on.”