{9} I EAT EVEN MORE PIZZA {9}

It was six o'clock and everybody except for Annabeth and Luke had left. Annabeth said he was going to drive her home instead of having her call either one of her guardians.

We were all sitting quietly around the counter, munching on the fresh batch of cookies Rachel and I had made less than two hours prior.

"These are pretty good, Percy," Luke commented.

"Yeah, how'd that happen?" Annabeth teased.

I rolled my eyes and snatched another cookie. "We work pretty well together, thank you very much."

She smiled. "Maybe you can start a baking business."

My eyes went wide. "We would call it Surf 'n' Turf!" - I spread my hands out as I said the title - "Y'know, because I like the ocean, and her dad deals with land. I'm a genius, Wise Girl. Step off the pedestal, it's my turn!"

Annabeth laughed.

Luke raised his eyebrows. "You let him joke about knowledge like that? You used to punch me whenever I called you a smarty pants, or anything similar."

She blushed. "That was also almost eight years ago, Luke."

I smirked. "So, Luke, even then she was smarter than you? "

He chuckled. "Oh, yeah. Definitely. But don't worry, it totally didn't affect me that a second grader was smarter than I was, a freshman in high school."

Annabeth playfully shoved Luke's shoulder. "Shut it, Castellan."

He smiled.

The lock on the front door jiggled a bit, before the door swung open.

"Hey, Percy!" my mom greeted. "Oh, and Annabeth! And, Luke? Is that you? You've grown so much!"

He warmly smiled. "It has been over three years, Mrs. Jackson."

"Oh, Sally works just fine. Last names get so complicated, with marriage and the like." She waved her hand, dismissing the topic. "So, are you two staying for dinner? It's pizza night!"

Annabeth looked at me. "I'd love to, Sally, but I need to check with my dad."

Mom nodded. "You know where the phone is. Go right ahead."

Annabeth trekked to the landline, which hung by the microwave, which was in the left corner of the kitchen if you were looking from the living room.

"Are you going to stay, Luke?" Mom asked.

He shrugged. "I'm her ride. If she stays, I will, if not, then I'll have to go bring her home."

Mom nodded. "Well, I just realized that I need to go to the store to pick up some chips, because I forgot about Percy's tendencies." She playfully glared at me. "What are your favorite types?"

"I like barbeque," Luke answered.

"Annabeth's favorite is sour cream and onion," I said.

"Great! I'll be right back, then. I'll grab a two liter of Coke, as well. Does that work?"

Luke nodded.

"Okay. Bye, guys!"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Percy, get off!" Annabeth squealed.

"Sorry. Jeez, you're touchy lately," I mumbled with a smirk dancing on my lips.

"Shut up!" She shoved my arm.

We were sitting on the couch, watching an episode of Friends. I had laid my head on Annabeth's lap, and she really didn't like that.

We continued harmlessly teasing each other until my mom finally came home, balancing two bags of chips and a bottle of soda on top of two boxes of pizza.

I jumped up and rushed to help her. I grabbed the bottle and both chip bags and set them on the counter. Mom set the pizza boxes beside those.

"Let's eat!" she called.

Luke and Annabeth came from the living room to our small dining table that barely sat six people. Paul came from his and Mom's bedroom, where he had been working since he got home about thirty minutes before.

"I got a cheese pizza and a meat lover's, because I wasn't sure," Mom explained.

Annabeth smiled. "Sounds great, Sally."

I stacked up five plates next to the pizza boxes, and everybody lined up and grabbed their food buffet style. Within minutes, every one had sat down and was happily eating their food.

"So, Annabeth, I wanted to thank you for helping Percy with some of his work," Paul said.

She blushed. "It's no big deal. I love working with him."

He smiled. "I've seen his grades tremendously improve in several subjects, just from those last two days. I really appreciate it, and I'm sure Percy does as well."

Paul have me a look and I scowled at him. I looked at Annabeth, who was on my right.

"I always have appreciated you, but thanks for helping me," I murmured, distracted by the red tinge across my cheeks that Annabeth replicated immediately.

"Luke, if I remember correctly, you have your own apartment now," Mom mused. "How has that been?"

"I do, but I share it with Thalia Grace. She's currently in Pennsylvania, though. I miss her a lot." He sadly frowned.

I'm pretty sure that Annabeth touched him, either his leg or his arm. He looked at her and smiled gratefully.

Our table was rectangular, and you could fit two people on each long end and one person on the shorter sides. Paul had his back to the door, I was on his right but on a different side. Annabeth was on my right, and Luke was on hers, but on the single seated side. Mom was across from me, on Paul's left.

We continued our meal pretty quietly, with either Mom or Paul occasionally asking pointless questions.

Soon, though, Annabeth had to go home. She and Luke left a little after seven o'clock.

Mom immediately looked at me funny.

"What?" I asked self consciously.

"I just don't get it."

"Huh?"

"How can none of you see it?"

"See what, Mom?"

"Oh, nothing. I have to finish cleaning, sweetie. Why don't you go do something in your bedroom?"

I trudged to my room. As I laid down on my bed, I wondered why everybody was acting so strange lately. Was some sort of change coming?

The answer was: yes.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SpOoKy! What could possibly be going on? I guess you'll find out soon!

Sorry this chapter is kind of short. It's less than 1000 words, but I couldn't think of anything to add and I didn't want to botch it.

I hope you enjoyed! Please leave a vote and comment your favorite type of pizza! I'll see you in a few days!