{39} MY EXPERTISE COMES IN HANDY AGAIN AND I AM SO SCARED {39}

"Rachel!" I exclaimed. "I had no idea that you were still planning on coming."

She grinned. "Yeah, I managed to convince my parents. When I called Mr. Brunner and asked for a guide, he suggested that you show me around, so I told him to make it a surprise. I assume that it worked, yeah?"

I nodded, walking closer to her. "So, what's up? How are things?"

"I'm doing pretty good. I have a lot to tell you. So much has happened."

I smiled, happy to be reunited with one of my best friends. Rachel and I hadn't known each other for too long, but we still had a really strong relationship and lots of experiences together. I was sure the remaining month of summer would only lead to more.

"Well, first of all," I said, spreading my arms. I gave her a nice, quick hug. "It's good to see you again, Rache."

"You too, Percy," she said back with a happy expression on her face. She glanced down from my eyes to my feet, trailing up my body. "Um, not to be intrusive, but why aren't you wearing normal clothes?"

I chuckled, my cheeks flushing a little bit. "Well, as you noticed, I was very late. I was at the beach with Silena and this little girl named Lacy and we really lost track of time. I had no time to change, so this is what you get until we check out the cabins."

Rachel rolled her eyes. "You just wanted to show off your body."

I laughed nervously. "It's an added bonus, I suppose."

Actually, it was more of a hidden fee. I still had quite the dusting of scars covering my torso that I was ashamed of. I just wished that they would fade. I hated the memories that they brought up, even though they were of a past life.

"Have you done anything yet?" I asked, trying to switch back to what we were actually meant to be doing.

Rachel nodded. "Yep, Mr. Brunner already had me take that quiz thing. I just need to be shown around, he said"

"Okay, well, let's head to the cabins first. I can show you all of the different types and then we can take a pitstop in mine."

"Sounds good."

We headed out of the Big House and crossed the creek. We wandered through the strawberry fields and passed the armory and arena, cutting straight to the cabins. As we walked, Rachel chatted about her experience in England.

"The weather was really crummy," she told me. "It was always overcast or rainy, and the temperature never was above seventy. Our hotel was really nice, but that was expected. My dad never settles for anything below first class." She scoffed.

I held back a smile.

"What?" she asked.

"Nothing," I assured.

"Tell me, Percy."

"You already sound like an English person," I admitted, laughing.

Rachel's jaw dropped and she shoved me away. I laughed and stepped closer, bumping her to the side with my hip.

She scowled, but before she could retaliate, we reached the cabins.

"Look," I announced, "we're here. So, these are the cabins. Where you stay depends on what results you get back from the questionnaire you took back at the Big House. Each cabin is modeled off of a Greek god or goddess, and that god is like the patron god for the campers in each cabin. I'm sure you can probably assume which is which just by the look from the outside. The evens are mostly the girls; this is the Dionysus one, then Aphrodite, then Artemis, Athena, Demeter, and lastly Hera."