{26} FEELINGS MAKE EVERYTHING COMPLICATED {26}

Rachel's father picked her and Caly up and brought them to her home to grab their things. The two girls had been bonding a lot, and had even gotten ready for the dance together. Grover's uncle did the same for him and Juniper, leaving Annabeth and I to walk alone.

"Did you have fun?" I asked her.

Annabeth looked up at me. "Of course. I had a blast."

"Good."

We passed the park where so many memories had been made. It was where our Spring Fling pictures were taken hours before, where I had comforted Annabeth while she was stressing about college, and where she had seen me arguing with Thalia all those years ago. I reached for her hand and tugged her down a familiar path. 

"Seaweed Brain, what are you doing? The guys are going to be at your place soon."

I shrugged. "They can wait. Come on."

We walked side by side down the narrow path, avoiding branches and other obstacles. Eventually we found ourselves staring up at a large pine tree.

"This is the spot," I murmured.

Annabeth nodded. "I remember it like it was yesterday."

"It's been almost four years, Wise Girl. Isn't that crazy?"

"It feels longer," she admitted. "I feel like I've known you my entire life."

I smiled at her. "I hope that's a good thing."

"I don't plan on it ending any time soon."

We took in our surroundings a few moments longer before finally heading home.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Now, now, kiddos. Where were you?" Rachel scolded, wagging her pointer finger teasingly.

Annabeth rolled her eyes and jerked her thumb at me. "We took a detour at the park. This guy dragged me there."

"You loved it, admit it, Wise Girl."

Annabeth had gotten a chance to change at her house before we came to the apartment, but I was still in my formal clothes. I excused myself to my bedroom to go change and neaten it up for the guests.

I slowly peeled my dress clothes off and hung them immediately so I wouldn't accidentally ruin them. I pulled on sweatpants, a tee shirt, and my Goode High school swim captain hoodie. I straightened my covers out, closed my drawers, and straightened the clutter lining my dresser.

I did one final swoop of the room before meeting with everyone in the living room.

"Alright, what do you guys want to do? Mom said to quiet down around midnight, and we have almost three hours until then."

"Um, let's play Never Have I Ever, and if you have, you've got to eat a but of the grossest thing we make from the fridge, or suffer a consequence made by the group," Caly suggested.

Rachel smirked. "You've got a whole lot of evil under that little mask, huh?"

Caly blushed. "Is that a yes?"

We all agreed, marching to the kitchen.

"Okay, everyone grab a condiment and a random item, then we'll blend it up," I ordered.

Hopefully Mom doesn't mind, I thought, because things might get messy.

We ended up with a gooey brown mixture of ketchup, mustard, mayonnaise, relish, barbecue sauce, sriracha, eggs, Swiss cheese, bread, bananas, chocolate chips, and sprinkles.