{13} I SHOULD MAKE TOURING MY JOB AT THIS POINT {13}

Friday, 4-27-18

The week flashed by without much happening. I continued being Calypso's informant. Annabeth and I rarely talked, just chatting mindlessly every so often. Calypso even took her place and began watching my swim practices.

It was a cloudy Friday, the last one of April. The school year was coming to a close. My final swim meet of the season was five days away.

After a very rigorous training, I was starving. I changed into dark grey basketball shorts and a navy blue tee shirt. Deciding to play it safe, I climbed into a plain black hoodie. I quickly slid into my sneakers before rushing out of the locker room to talk with Calypso.

"That was fast," Calypso commented.

Her light brown hair was braided and draped across her shoulder, drawing attention to her shirt. It was an olive green, short sleeve shirt with capped sleeves and a high neck that conformed to her body. The color brought out the green in her eyes, which I had decided were more of a hazel than a plain brown. She was wearing light washed skinny jeans that were rolled up a few inches, and a pair of black Nikes.

I smiled. "I'm hungry. Do you want to grab something to eat?"

Her eyes flickered up to my face. "S-sure. I'm feeling for pizza. You?"

"I'm always down for pizza. Plus, I know the best place in Manhattan, and it's only a couple of blocks from here. Come on."

Calypso and I started walking to the parlor. After about a minute, Calypso turned toward me. I glanced at her. She looked ready to say something, but was completely holding herself back.

I frowned. "What?"

"It's nothing. Nothing important, anyway." She stared at the ground.

"No, tell me. You can always tell me. I don't like secrets."

Her cheeks flushed. "I was thinking about how the gloomy sky really brings out your eyes. You have beautiful eyes, Percy."

I smirked, trying to play the flattery off, but I was totally blushing like a cherry. "No guy likes being called beautiful, even if it's about his eyes."

She rolled her own eyes. "If you really were a tough guy, you'd accept the compliment."

I chuckled. "Thanks, Caly."

"I was also thinking about your hair. It is so perfectly messy. I think the length of it really suits you, Perce."

"Thanks." I furrowed my eyebrows. "Why do you think that?"

"My father was a hairdresser, you know. Yeah, he had a local little store in my hometown. He wanted me to carry on the business but it wasn't my thing. I'm into gardening, like my mother was."

"That's cool. My mom used to garden."

"Why did she stop?"

I looked at Calypso. "She got busy. My mom's an up-and-coming author. She's been trying super hard to get noticed and get published. Plus, we live in an apartment. Not much space for gardening several stories in the air." I laughed.

Calypso frowned. "That's sad. Loads of people garden in California, especially the southern part. I guess life is different here."

"Very." I took in our surroundings. "Oh, look. We're here."

I opened the door for her. She giggled and stepped inside.

"Pick where ever," I told Caly.

She chose a booth in the back right corner, a few feet from the kitchen door. That's also where Nico and his friend Will were sitting over a week before when I had visited the same pizza parlor with Annabeth.