{34} I'M AS GIVING AS ONE OF THOSE TALK SHOW HOSTS {34}

I'm not sure if it's been published by the time you're reading this, but please go check out my one shot that will be posted in crazedauthors1093 's book called Percabeth One-Shot Community Collection! Also, if you enjoy writing Percabeth, why not submit one of your own? It's an amazing opportunity, and Crazed is wonderful to work with!

Back to the story :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The dining pavilion was filled with campers, shocking me. Sure, during the tour I had spotted a few other people, but when everybody was cramped together on the pavilion there seemed to be so many more people.

Travis tapped my shoulder and pointed to a smaller table, apart from the other ones. "That's where Chiron and Mr. D sit, as well as the other supervisors. When they come over, just head over and ask Chiron if you've been assigned yet."

I nodded. "Alright. Where should I go for now?"

"Just come with me to Hermes. He is the god of travelers."

I rolled my eyes. "Whatever you say, Travis."

"I like the way you think."

We headed over to table eleven, which was by far the most cramped. I guessed that more people fit under that category because it was so broad. The most crowded tables were Hermes, Ares, Athena, Hephaestus, and Aphrodite. Apollo and Artemis had a few campers, as did Demeter. Dionysus had two boys, and the Zeus and Poseidon tables only had one camper each, which seemed pretty sad. Hera had no campers at her table.

"Guys, this is Percy Jackson," Travis announced. "He goes to Goode, like most of us, and is our brand new swim captain."

I smiled bashfully.

"I wonder if he's a Poseidon, then," some kid wondered out loud.

I shrugged. "He's the ocean god, right? That wouldn't be awful, I guess."

"We'll see."

Chiron trotted into the madness, as well as a slightly pudgy older man and a scrawny tall guy who looked as if he'd seen it all. I headed over quickly, wanting to get away from the concerning Hermes kids.

"Percy," Chiron stated kindly. "We've sorted you all out. Have any guesses?"

I bit my lip. "Well, someone over at Hermes guessed I'm a Poseidon kid, but I'm not sure."

"They'd be correct. You will be rooming with Tyson Solorb. He's very kind, don't let his looks fool you."

I glanced at the Poseidon table. There was a guy, about my age, with scraggly chestnut hair that covered his forehead, brown eyes, and thin lips. He was wearing a large red and black flannel and huge jeans, giving me a lumberjack vibe.

"That's him?" I asked, gesturing with my head.

"Yes. Like I said, he's quite nice, although he does act very...young for his age. But Tyson is very smart, and great with crafting. I'm sure you'll get along great."

I nodded, rubbing my hand across my face. "I left my luggage in the Big House. Should I move it to my cabin after lunch?"

"No, one of the Senior Campers will take care of it. You need to get your schedule sorted out. But we'll deal with that later. Go have a seat."

I wandered over to the Poseidon table and warily sat across from Tyson. "Hey there. I'm Percy."

I stuck out my hand and he eyed it with curiosity. He eventually grasped it with his own large hand. "My name is Tyson."