{!!!} BONUS CHAPTER IV {!!!}

zumzumdelicia suggested another young Percy and Annabeth chapter, and both ThePersonThatsHere and ElishaCastro3 wanted them to be thirteen/fourteen years old, so...Here's bonus chapter number four for 3000 reads!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What do you think you're doing?" Annabeth asked skeptically, raising a thin eyebrow.

I smiled, looking up at my best friend. "I'm building a snowman. Want to help?"

She rolled her eyes. "Percy, I'm busy sketching out my blueprints. Didn't I tell you that Matthew and - "

"Matthew and Bobby spilled your ink all over your desk and ruined your papers, yeah I know." I looked at her notebook disparagingly, before transferring a much kinder gaze onto Annabeth. "But wouldn't you rather spend the last day of Spring break having fun with your best friend?"

She sighed, standing up. "One second," she told me, turning around and walking up the stairs to go inside of her house. She returned after a moment without her notebook and with a nice smile. 

Annabeth's long, golden hair was down for once, held down by a pair of earmuffs. She was wearing a grey winter coat over a dark blue hoodie, and she was just wearing jeans tucked into her black snow boots. I wasn't wearing anything over my sweatpants either, and I had on a dark green coat and my hair was tucked into a dark grey beanie. A few pieces of hair kept escaping, which was really ticking me off.

Technically, it was spring. It was the last day of March. But New York decided that the weather didn't want to agree with the calendar, so we still had a couple feet of snow and the air was frigid.

Annabeth stomped down the steps of the Chase's back porch and walked over to me, where I had began assembling a snowman. She wrinkled her nose up.

"This looks awful."

"Thanks," I said sarcastically.

"The bottom is too lumpy and not big enough. It won't hold up any more."

I glanced at the snowman before looking back at Annabeth. "Well, maybe you're right."

She nodded. "Oh, I am. Come on, let's keep going. You keep going with that one and I will start the middle."

I rolled the ball around Annabeth's back yard, checking in every once in a while until it was deemed satisfactory. Annabeth brought the center piece over and hefted it up on top of the base.

"Now we have to do the head."

I nodded, gathering snow together. We pressed together enough snow to give the snowman a proportionate head, then dragged it over to the rest of the body. Annabeth stared at the snowman.

"That thing is almost as tall as both of us."

She was right. I was only five feet two inches tall, and Annabeth was - embarrassingly enough - an inch taller. The snowman must have been five feet, and it's very hard to lift something generally heavy up by your head.

"We'll just lift it together," I suggested.

She shrugged, walking closer to me and leaning over to get a grip on the mass of snow. I followed suit, accidentally getting a mouthful of her hair.

"Bleh!" I commented quietly.

She straightened up and brushed her hair back. "Did you just eat my hair?"