{44} MY GIRLS MAKE UP AND I DISCUSS THE 'L' WORD WITH MY MOM {44}

"Why do I put myself through this!" Annabeth screeched.

I cackled. "Because I'm the best?" I suggested selfishly.

She pouted, angrily screwing her fists into her eyes.

We had just arrived at the beach. The second that Annabeth stripped off her over-clothes, I ran over and grabbed her by the waist. Then, I carried her to the water and dumped her in. Clearly she didn't like that.

I dove into the water, reveling at the refreshing cold of the water. After a moment, I stood back up and ran my hands over my face.

I grinned at Annabeth. "Hey."

She rolled her eyes. "You're a jerk."

"But I'm your jerk," I sang.

Annabeth pushed me, hard, taking me by surprise. I stumbled back, almost falling.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa," I drawled. "Hold your horses. Was that necessary?"

She nodded, smiling mischievously. "Yes, you deserve to be punished!"

I looked over my shoulder and saw Calypso casually watching from a safe distance on the beach.  I whirled around and thrashed through the water, running away from Annabeth and to Caly.

"Save me!" I shouted at her, laughing.

She went wide eyed. "Slow down, Perce!" she warned nervously.

I came to a screeching halt right in front of her, kicking sand onto all of our stuff. I burst out laughing at the surprise on her face.

"Chill," I said in between gasps for air.

Caly rolled her eyes. "You should be punished by your girlfriend," she retorted, "because you're mean."

I stood straight and frowned. "Aw, I didn't mean to be mean." I held back a smile, keeping the sad, vulnerable mask intact. I stepped closer and squeezed her into a super tight hug. 

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry," I chanted, lifting her up a little and shaking her around.

She planted her hands on my shoulders. "Put me down, you mongrel!"

I laughed and set her down, admiring the mass amounts of damp sand I had transferred to her sundress. I smirked triumphantly, turning around to run off and bumping straight into Annabeth.

"Well, you took a while to come back to shore," I murmured teasingly, rubbing my nose against hers.

She rolled her eyes, settling her gaze on my own. "I was admiring the show...and plotting."

"Yeah? Like what you see?" I whispered cockily, brushing my lips against hers.

"Nope." She stepped back, grinning.

I gasped. "How rude," I marveled, cupping her face.

Annabeth laughed, and I heard Caly's muffled giggles behind me.

"You guys are ganging up on me!" I complained, stepping back.

The two girls stood next to each other. I noticed Annabeth subtly give Calypso a once over. She was a couple inches taller than Caly, as well as tanner and more muscular. Annabeth gave off a fiercely gorgeous vibe, while Caly looked delicate and pretty.

I smiled softly as I looked at my two great friends - although Annabeth was a bit more than a friend at that point - become friends of their own.

"How do you suggest we attack?" Caly asked. "You are the master planner.