"The Monsters Within,"

2,313 words so enjoy this extra long one and comment all your thoughts for faster updates!

Monsters were real. No, they didn't have two heads, or six eyes- Not even large tails or weird voices. They were indeed humans. Every person has them... Their dark inside. But some people have it more than others- Or they are a monster.

Y/N was poor, she had been her whole life... With the ruler of the United States or as he likes to go by President Nick Saint Clair steals everyone's money. The whole country was filled with poor starving people... The only ones living well off were the ones from the Royal estates or as it goes by map wise New York. The president likes to raise taxes having to have his guards the royal Hushers. They would often have to make people be quiet- Often times it involves force.

If not to make things worse once a year there would be a thing called the royal extermination, one family was chosen to either be exterminated or the worst part. The parents could choose to give up one of their daughters to the king...

However, that didn't happen often where Y/N lived, no families in Riverdale ever got picked, well until now at least.

"Maybe we could just run away... That way," Sweet Pea pointed toward the woods as they sat in the meadow.

"Runaway?" Y/N asked looking towards the direction of his finger. "Are you nuts! They'd have our heads!"

"Either way we die... I mean look at you Y/N you're sick- We could get to a real doctor in Canada!" He exclaimed making really good points.

"I'm fine," She mumbled looking away. "Food has just been low,"

"Same here," He whispered looking down and messing with the hem of his old worn out shirt.

"We'd never make it," She whispered looking down with a sigh. "We would die,"

"We're dying just by staying here!" He exclaimed grabbing his best friend by the arm. "Can't you see what he is doing to us?" She nodded a tear slipping her eye.

"Don't cry," The raven-haired man whispered whipping it away. "We'll find another way,"

"I'll try and find berries in-"

"You know there is no way of getting in the royal gardens," He exclaimed causing her to sigh.

"Well, it's worth a shot," She yelled.

"No, there is always anouther way," He mumbled running a hand through his hair.

"Like what?" She asked confused.

"I picked up more hours at the factory," He explains placing her hand in his. "Soon I'll have a little more cash,"

"Not enough to feed yours and my families..." She pointed out leaning back on her elbows.

"Well, it's all that I can do,"

He sighed getting up taking a glance at his watch which he's had all his life. "It's time to go... Or the hushers will know that we trespassed!"

"I don't like you working there... It's dirty and dangerous!" She pulled her best friend by the arm causing him to stop walking and turn to her.

"I'll be careful," He smirked placing a hand on his heart as if to act offended. "I'm hurt that you don't think I'm careful enough,"

"It's not that..." She murmured trailing off at the end. However he gave her the "keep going face". "You're all that I have,"

He smiled placing an arm across her shoulders. "You too..." He mumbled as stumbled along the tall grass. "You too,"