"The Monster Within," PART TWO

Thx for the request @kushxvibes ENJOY!!!

Y/N's fingers ran through Sweet Pea's hair instantly calming him from all the pain that he's in. As his eyes gazed upon her in such love. They didn't talk about the kiss, no they couldn't not until they were alone... Maybe just maybe they would form a relationship but right now- They were still best friends and that's all that they were ever going to be.

"So do you think that we'll make it?" Jughead asked breaking the silence.

"I hope so..." Y/N whispered as the raven-haired man took her hand and placed it gently in his.

"Are you guys trying to make us puke? Get a room!" Fangs exclaimed shielding his eyes.

"Yeah and while you are at it start dating already!" Jughead piped in.

"First off we're in a room, second off..." She trailed off, not knowing what to say.

"See! You are meant to be together-"

"Just shut up-"

"I love you Y/N," The serpent breathed getting all of their attention.

"I know," His best friend mumbled back. "I love you too,"

"For the love of God-" Fangs started only for Sweet Pea's mother to walk in bearing little food.

"I hope that this will do, it's all we have." She whispered giving the kids a smile.

"Oh god," Y/N whispered getting everyone's attention. "If Sweets is out of work then who'll make the most money?"

"That's what I've come to tell you... I'm going to work more, from sunrise to sunset." His mother explained with a sigh.

"No mom," The raven-haired man gasped. "I can't let you do that,"

"Well, we don't have a choice, do we?" She asked with a cry. "I would do anything for you, honey," With that, she kissed the top of his head. "I'm leaving for work now... Please keep a good eye on him,"

The friends nodded as minutes later his mother left... Things were going to get real- And fast.

"How do we tell our parents about running away?"

~

"Y/N you can't possibly think that it's a good idea?" Her mother asked in a raised voice. "They'd have our heads!"

"Don't you think I don't know that? Look, mom, we're starving, Sweet's is hurt and his mother is being overworked! We have better chances of making it then surviving a few more years here!" She exclaimed back.

It had been a month since the Hushers had whipped her best friend and he was doing a lot better, still in pain but better. Yet they both knew that they couldn't stay here. People were dying, and disease was spreading. They wouldn't make it much longer in their condition, little food, dirty water... They would be better off in the forest hidden from the president- Hidden from his high taxes and stupid Hushers.

Hell, they knew all the risks, but they had to take them. To stay alive. President Nick saint claire had eyes on Riverdale and the next chosen family was more than likely to come from there. Sweet Pea couldn't let that happen... He was the man of his house with no father and only a mother, and to top it all off, he also felt the need to protect not only his family but Y/N's to...

"Mowm, siws?" Y/L/S asked from the doorway.

Y/N's little sister was almost four years old and got the most food out of everyone in the house...Although it still wasn't enough with the bags building under her eyes... And just like all of them she was underweight. They had to get her out of there, if the sickness got to her they wouldn't know what to do with her still a new immune system.