"W-Why?"

There was nothing but the eerie silence of the night, as it was so quiet you could hear a pin drop. Class at Southside High went on, as usual, Y/N didn't know it then... Yet that would be the day she finally laid eyes on her soulmate. And no other person knew that he already had eyes for her, and there was no resisting the invisible bond they had. 

The only problem was her boyfriend... Fangs. He never introduced her to the serpents. Hell, he would talk about them all the time. So after much begging and exaggeration, it was finally time. They knew they weren't soul mates, by the tattoos on their arms… However they still wanted to hr together; after all, most people won't find their soulmate in their lifetime.

Every person on earth after they turned ten got a tattoo so everyone knew who they were meant to be with. Y/N's read. "Cute name," Fangs read. "Hey watch it," Those weren't their first words to each other, yet they still tried to make a relationship work.

If only Y/N knew that her soulmate was so close.

"Guys this is Y/N," Fangs explained as the couple made way toward the lunch table.

All the serpents glanced up causing Y/N to recoil under all the eyes, that was when her boyfriend's arm went around her shoulder although that didn't calm her down that much as they were still intently staring at her.

"Cute name," Someone suddenly blurted her eyes widened, she felt like she wanted to choke, everyone stared.

"Are you ok?" Fangs questioned yet she ignored him.

"Y-You," She stuttered pointing towards the raven-haired man. "You are my soulmate?" It came out more like a question, as slowly his eyes widened as well both eyes gazing toward their arm.

"Sweet Pea?" fangs asked with a gulp. "Is this some kind of joke?"

Neither of them said a word, as the serpents finger shook as he began to push the sleeve to his flannel up revealing the permanent tattoo. "Y-You are my soulmate?" He looked up from his arm slowly.

"I'm sorry Fangs," Hearing his voice sent shivers down her spine as her boyfriend's arm was no longer around her.

Although before anyone could react Fangs had his good friend pinned down against the table.

"Come on Fangs don't be like that... I-We can't control this!" Y/N exclaimed as he turned her way.

"Does this mean that were over?" He asked slowly as everyone could hear the pain in his voice.

"I need time to think," She explained as gradually he let the raven-haired man go.

Y/N ran away... She was scared and didn't know what the hell to do.

~

"So we meet again," The raven-haired man smiled as Y/N sighed looking away.

"I'm sorry about you and fangs," She mumbled messing with her fingers. "You guys probably aren't friends anymore,"

"It's ok... Hey do you want to get out of here?... Get to know each other," He asked as she only nodded. "Because were soul-mates after all," she looked up finally to meet his eyes.

"Where?" She questioned.

"It's a surprise... Come on!" He exclaimed taking her hand in his sending goosebumps to her skin.

They were at Pop's. "I love it here," Sweet Pea whispered as the sat across from each other in a booth.

"Yeah... It's nice," She smiled scanning over the menu.

It was almost dinner time anyway so she was happy to finally get some food.

"So tell me about yourself," He mumbled shutting his menu.