"R o A d T r i p,"

Penny Peabody was back. 

There was no way of seeing it coming because everyone thought she was dead... Although really that was her twin sister. No one knew what wrench that she would throw at the married couple, they thought that they were out of the craziness that comes with being the SouthSide Serpents. 

The raven-haired man slept soundlessly in the passenger seat as the wife made way down the road... It was only ten in the morning- Her husband had been driving all night. Why might you ask? They had to get out of Riverdale... And this is why. 

"Sweets?" She questioned shaking him a little. "Do you think we made it far enough away?" 

"Yeah," He whispered rubbing his eyes and pushing fingers through his hair. "How far are we?"

"Two towns over," She mumbled with a sigh. "And we have almost nothing!" 

"We left in a rush... I'm glad we got as much as we did," He mumbled leaning over and taking her hand in his. 

"I can't drive anymore," She mumbled leaning back a little. "Maybe we should take a break-" 

"That car has been trailing us for a long time," The flannel bearing man murmurs glancing back. 

"Well I'll take a sharp right turn here and we'll find the next gas station," She explained doing just as planned losing their tail. 

However just as they pulled up crying erupted from the back seat... The baby, their baby. Y/N sighed parking the car and climbing into the back where she unhooked the baby from her car seat. "You better fill up the tank and get some good snacks," She ordered her husband shooting a glance his way.

He sighed getting out, the baby calming soon after being in her mother's arms... Exactly how things are meant to be.

~

"BABY YOU LIGHT UP MY WORLD LIKE NOBODY ELSE-" Yet before Y/N could finish the verse her husband changed the radio station causing a groan to fill the tiny car space. 

"I was listening to that!" She exclaimed going over to change it back but he slapped her hand away. 

"I'm sorry but you're singing is horrible!" He exclaimed, stopping at a red light.

"Then why did you marry me then?" She questioned with a smirk staring out the window.

"Because I love you," He explained giving her hand a squeeze. 

"Right back at you Pea," She whispered leaning a heat on his shoulder, gradually falling into a peaceful sleep.

Y/N woke up to the baby's cry reaching out for her husband only to remember that she was in the car... She looked up only to find that the car was parked on the side of the road. Gradually she pulled her daughter into her arms wondering where her husband may have gone without her

She looked around the outside of the car, and in the back but he was nowhere to be seen, as the mothers changed her daughter's diaper with many gags... That was just something that she couldn't get used to. 

The young adult jumped almost three feet high as someone knocked at her window. "Sweets where have you been?" She questioned once he opened up the door and embraced her with many bags. 

"The car... It's broken," He mumbled looking down. "So I went and got more snacks because we might be stuck here-" 

"Why not call a towing company... Or someone to pick us up?" She questioned sitting up in shock. 

"My phone it's dead and yours is at the house... With my charger," He explains looking through one of the bags. "I got a new one though," 

Y/N nodded with a sigh, setting the baby back into her car seat. She glanced outside only to see that the sun was setting... How long had they been driving?

"What time is it?" She questioned as he yawned rubbing his eyes. 

"Six–" 

"Get some sleep… Once your phone gets a little bit of juice I'll call a tow truck," She ordered as her husband sighed crawling in the back seat and laying down. 

That was one of the worst mistakes the raven-haired man had ever made… Because Y/N of course fell asleep so around midnight when Sweet Pea awoke from his peaceful slumber he was shocked to find then still in the chilly car.  

Quickly taking off his jacket and laying it over his wife and then slipping off his flannel and laying it over the baby everything seemed better.

He sighed grabbing his phone off the charger, only to freeze as he watched a car pull up behind them. 

He didn't move… Oh god he couldn't. It was then when he saw who got out that there was no chance of everything running and it going smoothly as he slowly climbed out.  

"Well… Well… Well… You weren't that hard to find at all," She smirked digging her boot in the gravel.  

"What do you want?" He asked it coming more out as a growl.  

"Wow feisty now are we!" She smirked as more ghoulies came out of the car.  

"Sweets?" Y/N questioned as she got out of the car and came into view.  

"Two for the price of one…" The blonde smiled looking the raven-haired man's wife up and down.  

"You won't touch her!" He exclaimed becoming very angry quickly. "Just go!" 

"Oh come in Sweets… Don't do this to me pal," She mumbled looking down. "I don't want to leave the fun," 

"I'm not your pal!" He yelled taking his wife's hand in his. "Now go," 

"Sweets–" 

"Quit calling me that!" He exclaimed now furious. 

The only one that could ever call him that was Y/N… And maybe sometimes Jughead or Toni.  

"Well if you would just listen you would know that I'm here for you…" She explains and before he could even say a word she continued. "And I won't take no–" 

"No! I'm not going anywhere with you!" He exclaimed in pure rage. 

"You have to!" She yelled trying to prove a point.  

"I don't have to do anything!" He mumbled with a sigh. "Come on Y/N were leaving," He draped an arm around her shoulder as they turned to leave. 

They knew the ghoulies wouldn't do a thing to them on the side of a buddy street… Someone would see. 

"You can't go because you're my son!" The blonde-yelled causing the couple to stop in their tracks. 

"W-What?" The raven- haired man asked in a shock filled voice.  

"You're my son," The head ghoulie explained again just a little more slowly.  

"I can't be–" 

"You were adopted… I made the connection awhile ago and now finally got the chance to tell you," She explains. 

"Well this doesn't mean I have to do anything for you!" He exclaimed. 

That was when she pulled out a gun.