Press Conference*

Background info (will be mentioned/explained in story): Aunt May died almost a year ago and Tony Stark & co. (a.k.a. the Avengers) adopted him. After pressure from the board to find an heir, Tony is having a press conference to reveal to the world his new son.
————————————
To say Peter Stark was nervous is an understatement. He was terrified of facing the dozens of cameras and reporters waiting for him on the other side of the curtain. His (adoptive) father Tony Stark was currently discussing the future of Stark Industries, winning over the crowd with his wit and charm. And then came the moment Peter was dreading...

"There have been rumors going around that I have a child. Those rumors are true. Eleven months ago, I adopted a young boy and let me tell you it's the greatest decision I've made in my life. Even greater than letting Pepper be CEO." The room let out a small chuckle, which strangely calmed some of Peter's nerves.

Tony smiled and continued with his introduction, "The board has been on my back about finding an heir for the company. So I'm here to tell you that my son will be taking over Stark Industries when he is older. We haven't hammered out all of the details yet, but he is ready and willing to lead Stark Industries into the future!"

Thunderous applause erupted from the crowd, giving Peter a warm feeling.

"Now...for the moment you've all been waiting for...I introduce to you my son and heir to Stark Industries, Peter Stark!"

Without a moments hesitation, Peter walked strangely calm out on stage and into the view of the reporters. The flashes of the cameras would have been impossible to deal with had it not been for the specially made contacts created by Tony himself. The sunglasses would have worked just as well (and maybe caused a few laughs as he 'mimicked' his father) but Tony has been adamant the entire world would see his face. Mostly because he wanted all of the kids at Peter's school to realize he had not been lying about knowing Tony Stark.

As Peter approached the podium, Tony intercepted him and drew him in for a hug, whispering some words of encouragement in his enhanced ears before sitting down off to the side of the stage. This put a smile on Peter's face and gave him the confidence needed to face the crowd.

Peter cleared his throat and looked down at the notecards prepared for him before beginning, "hello. My name is Peter Stark. Many of you may know me as Peter Parker. As my father previously mentioned to you all, I am the heir to Stark Industries"

Peter was surprised to find that he in fact did not need the prepared speech as he continued on with the conference simply from reading over the presentation due to nerves. After finishing, the reporters were allowed to ask questions. Hands flew up in the air and Peter and his dad began to call on reporters.

"Peter, what is your IQ?" 215

"How did you meet Mr. Stark?" He was a judge at the MIT science fair where I became the youngest participant as well as the youngest winner.

"Have you met the Avengers?" Of course. I call them my aunts and uncles.

"How old are you, Peter?" I turn 16 in two weeks.

"What happened to your parents?" My parents died in a plane crash, my uncle was killed in a robbery, and my aunt died of cancer last year.

The questions came pouring in and Peter answered them all. Finally, the question he was dreading arrived.

"Last question for today. Umm...you in the blue shirt." Tony called out for the final inquiry of the conference.

"John Hick, New Times Magazine. I have a question for Peter, well I guess you could answer it too." The middle aged reporter had a deep voice as he asked, "why would Mr. Stark adopt you, Peter? Are you just a charity case to him? Or are you his biologically?"

Peter's head whipped over to face Tony, already knowing his dad was about to beat the man into next week. He quickly rushed over before the Iron Man suit could be called over and grabbed Tony's arms, walking him over to Pepper (his new mom who had walked over to stop Tony from doing something he would later on regret).

"Dad. Dad. Dad! Calm down. I- I- i'll talk to the reporter and I'll smooth things over. It's ok, dad. Really" Peter continued speaking to his dad in an effort to prevent tomorrow's headlines from being 'IRON MAN KILLS REPORTER'. And of course he also had to prevent the Avengers being dispatched to take care of the dirty work for Tony.

Thankfully Pepper got to the new dad before any blood could be spilt, leaving Peter to walk back out in stage and answer the question.

"In all honesty, I- I'm not 100% sure why da- Tony adopted me. But I know that I am not a charity case. If I was, explain all the Netflix marathons and the reminders to do my homework and- and him tucking me into bed at night and him calling me his son and all the hugs and the- the reminders that he loves me and cares for me and-and- and a thousand other things. I may not be his biologically but he treats me like a son in every other way. Happy will see you out Mr. Dick"

Thunderous applause followed as Peter finished his rant defending his dad's honor. Even with his enhanced senses (which were almost on the verge of overload), he couldn't hear the reporter shouting "HICK! HICK! NOT DICK!"

Walking backstage, Peter was greeted to the sight of Tony Stark, the suave billionaire with no heart, crying.

"Dad! Are you oka-" Peter was swiftly cut off from his worries and concerns about his dad with a hug that probably would have been bone-crushing were it not for the superpowers.

"I love you so much, Pete" Tony managed to whisper into his son's hair as he kept him pressed tightly against his chest.

"I love you more, dad"

———————
Hi everyone. This is my first one shot. I promise they get better. I do take requests and thank you for voting. Happy reading!