Kicked Out

After a long night of fighting crime, Peter swung back to his apartment in Queens. When he reached the fire escape outside his room, he slowly lifted the window before crawling in on the ceiling. As quietly as possible, he made his way over to the slightly open door before pushing it closed. He breathed a sigh of relief as it shut almost silently. Peter detached from the ceiling, relief washing over him as he realized he had not gotten footprints all over the ceiling (again), and dropped to the ground. The exhausted teenager took off the mask and started for his closet before the door swung open.

"Peter?!"

He froze. Aunt May.

The teenager (still in the Spider-Man suit) slowly turned to face his aunt. "Heyyyyyyyyy, Maaayyyyyy"

"What the hell?! Are you Spider-Man?!"

Since she had already seen him in suit it was kinda hard to deny her claim. So he simply nodded.

"You've been sneaking out of my apartment every night to go kill people?! I raised you better than this!"

Peter was quick to defend himself despite his own self-doubts. "I don't kill people! I save them! Mr. Stark gave me this sui-"

"Oh so Tony is in on this too?! He told you to lie to me and go behind my back and sneak out and disobey me-"

Peter interrupted her. "No no no! I was Spider-Man before he got involved. He gave me the suit to protect me and help me!"

May stood in silence for a moment before speaking. "Get out"

"What?" Peter asked in disbelief. He had heard her perfectly fine but he found it hard to believe May would kick him out.

May's gaze turned hard in anger. "Get oUT OF MY APARTMENT!"

Tears welled in Peter's eyes and his voice cracked as he pleaded. "Please, May. You don't mean it. We can talk about this!"

She grabbed the first thing she saw (the LEGO Death Star Ned had left behind) and chucked it at his head. It narrowly missed and the teenager jumped in fear and surprise. "I said GET OUT OF MY HOUSE!"

Peter tried reasoning with her but she ignored him and continued to screech, this time grabbing a text book and managing to clip the side of his head. The young hero fell back on the ground as the tears started to fall. He quickly filled his backpack with a few clothes and what little money he had before pulling on the mask and jumping out the window.

He allowed himself to fall for a few second before shooting a web and swinging through the city. Ignoring the pounding on his head, he continued as fast as he could, swinging without a destination in mind.

Karen's surprisingly-human-robotic voice came through the speaker. "Peter, your heart rate is elevated and you appear to be injured. I suggest-"

"I'm fine, Karen" Peter continued swinging despite Karen's warnings.

"Calling Mr. Stark"

Peter's eyes widened. "Karen, no-!"

"Hey, kid. What's up? Shouldn't you be in bed? You have school tomorrow" Tony's concerned face appeared on the screen in Peter's mask.

Distracted by his mentor, Peter misfired a web and landed roughly on the top of a building.

"What was that? Kid? Pete? Peter?!"

Peter coughed a few times, ignoring the ache in his lungs and the pounding in his head. "I'm fine, Mr. Stark"

Tony didn't look convinced. "Stay where you are. I'm on my way"