Please Pick Up

Hi. I'm an awful person. Requests are being worked on but I'm having serious writers block and I don't want to write/post stories because they're awful. I'll try to get them done soon though. Thank you for the reads and votes!
————
"Please pick up please pick up please pick up" Peter silently chanted. The Starkphone continued to ring. "C'mon c'mon, Mr. Stark" He almost whined.

It stopped ringing. Peter's face lit up, waiting for Tony to start talking when- "You've reached the voicemail of Tony Stark. Don't leave a message at the beep unless you're important 'cuz I won't listen."

Beeeeeeeeep

Peter hung up the phone. He obviously wasn't important enough. Instead of wallowing in self pity, Peter grabbed his red Jansport backpack, filled with his meager possessions, and swung off into the busy New York night, ignoring the tears welling in his eyes.
—————-
3 hours earlier
It had been a long day. Between school, the decathlon team practice, tutoring, the Stark Internship, and Spider-Man, Peter was exhausted. He had been working nonstop and all he wanted to do was literally crawl into his soft bed and sleep for three days straight. But first, there was homework to do. Peter was so tired, that he didn't lock the door before dropping from the ceiling. There wasn't a need to. Everything was quiet and dark and just like he had left it before his patrol. It was normal.

So while he was taking off his mask, he was distracted. Peter didn't notice the door opening or footsteps approaching. He didn't notice until the lights flicked on and illuminated the messy room and May screamed "what the fuck?!"

Peter whipped around as he finished pulling the red and blue mask off of his surprised face, basically sealing his fate and fully revealing his identity.

"Y-y-you're Spider-Man?" She stuttered in disbelief.

"Wha-? N- no! I'm not- I'm not Spider-Man"

May looked at him like he was stupid. "You're wearing the suit"

Peter looked down at himself, as if he forgot he what he was wearing. He began to shake his head "this- this is a- a- a costume!" He smiled, proud of his cover.

His aunt didn't buy it though.

"P-pajamas?" Even Peter didn't sound convinced.

"I can't believe you" May spoke after a long silence. She sounded disappointed, but it quickly turned to anger."After everything I've done for you, this is how you repay me!"

She took a few steps closer but Peter quickly backed away with his hands in the air. He didn't recognize the anger in his aunt's normally kind brown eyes. It was as if she was a completely different person than she was only a few hours ago.

"Aunt May, please. I-" his voice cracked with emotion, mainly fear and sadness.

"Zip it!" She screamed. "Get out of my apartment. Go!"

He stood frozen in shock for a second, shaking his head and willing it to not be true. Please let this be a nightmare, he begged. Peter closed his eyes and wished hard to wake up but was instead met with a book nearly hitting him in the face.

Shocked, he jumped backwards and fired a web, hitting Aunt May.

"You ungrateful brat!" She screamed.

"May, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to! You scared me an-" Peter tried to apologize.

"Are you blaming me? Get out of my apartment now!"

Another book went flying past.

Aunt May nearly growled. "I said 'get out'!"

Peter didn't need to be told again. He was definitely not  in the mood to be hit in the head with another large, heavy object. Grabbing his backpack, he threw in a few pieces of clothes before opening the window and jumping out into the night. He didn't look back once.