Carnival

Requested by @PhanSoftBoy  sorry it's a little short but I hope you enjoy
————
New York City was constantly bustling with tourists and residents. There were the typical attractions like the Statue of Liberty and the Empire State Building and the 'hipster', 'trendy' places including obscure vinyl stores, ice cream parlors, and bookstores all tucked away from the regular rush of the city. And of course there were parades. Memorial Day parades, dance parades, pride parades (which Peter had attended with the rest of the superheroes), Macy's Thanksgiving Day parades, Annual Mermaid Parades, etc. So it was no surprise that millions of people visited the capital of New York every year.

But none of those were Peter's favorite. Instead, he preferred the Coney Island carnival called Luna Park. This was also one of Steve's favorite places from before he was Captain America. Peter had only gone twice, once with Steve and Bucky and again to watch the Vulture be arrested after the whole Homecoming- moving day fiasco but that one doesn't count.

It was on a lazy Saturday when Tony didn't have any responsibilities and Stephen wasn't at a medical conference and Peter didn't have any homework, meaning the trio was free for the entire day. It was a rare occurrence when all three were available so they decided to make the most of it and go to the carnival.

Surprisingly, there was only one fight over whether or not Tony could fly to the carnival in his iron man suit. Unsurprisingly, he lost.

Instead, Happy drove the small family to the amusement park. When they arrived Peter presses his race against the Audi's window to gaze at the sight. The view of the city was amazing and the view of the beach was even better. Peter took a few photos of the views, himself, just his parents, and all three of them before running off to find the ticket booth. After Tony looked at Stephen and the two shared a loving smile and a brief kiss, the two walked off to find their energetic son.

They found the teenager practically bouncing in line at the ticket booth. Of course after seeing both Iron Man and Dr. Strange (but mostly Iron Man), the people waiting for tickets gladly let the small family pass. To show their gratitude, the two adults took pictures with the lovely people in line and any employees that asked.

By the time they finished with their impromptu meet- and- greet photo shoot, Peter had already ridden the super scary boat ride thing that rocks to the point of being almost vertical five times and eaten three corn dogs. Through some kind of miracle, he only threw up twice.

That was how Tony found him, hunched over a trash can, emptying the contents of his stomach.

"Pete! You okay, kid?" Tony practically screamed in panic.

Peter simply raised his thumb up in response before promptly heaving again. When he finished, he wiped his mouth and took a sip of water from the bottle provided by Stephen before standing up and saying "Again"

And so they did. They raced through the amusement park riding as many attractions as possible. They had corn dog- eating contests (Peter won) and no- hand contests on scary rides (Stephen won) and who- can- win- the- most- stuffed- animals- contests (Tony won). They went on every single ride at least twice, including the ones for kids. Tony had to admit that his favorite part of the day was when Stephen got stuck on a mini rollercoaster geared towards ages 3-9.

Eventually, the fire department had to be called when Stephen still couldn't get out of the impossibly small seats. The doctor complained the entire time he was being maneuvered out of the ride, muttering loudly for all to hear "Adults need to ride this too. They can't just leave their kids unattended. Stupid small seats. This is tall people discrimination!"

Everyone just laughed at him and asked for some photos. Some fans managed to get selfies while Stephen was still in the seat. Stephen was not smiling in this photos. Tony and Peter were though.

After that whole fiasco and a few more rides and funnel cakes, the sun was beginning to set so the small family made their way to the large Ferris wheel a.k.a the Wonder Wheel. Surprisingly, there was a small line so it only took about fifteen minutes to get to the front.

The skyline was transforming from a light blue into a gorgeous ombré of pinks and yellows and oranges as their cart began to move up. The towering skyscrapers turned on their lights, shining brightly against their black silhouettes. Peter was in awe at the beauty of New York City. While he spent most of his time swinging across the city and climbing buildings, he never got to see these kind of views, much less appreciate them. It was a nice change from the regular monotone grays. 

Tony and Stephen looked down at their son and smiled at his awed expression. They tore their gaze away from Peter to share a sweet kiss while he was distracted. No one said a word while the wheel continued spinning up and down. They were perfectly content to sit in a peaceful silence, finally relaxing after all those years of fighting. The family knew the calm wouldn't last and a new threat would try to invade and conquer and destroy earth or neighboring planets, but for now, in that moment, they ignored it and lived in the moment.

The silence continued as they clambered off the ride and walked back the car. Normally Tony or Peter would complain and make Stephen create a portal to avoid walking, but this time there were no arguments. Just a happy silence. Peter wormed his way in between his parents, who couldn't stop giving each other the occasional peck on the forehead or lips or cheek,and grabbed their hands. They walked like that til they reached the car, the three of them hand in hand, smiles on their faces as the sky turned dark and the stars appeared above, perfectly content.