Attack

Requested by @Kirimilliganhalden
————-
Tony had been kidnapped before. Tony had also had a loved one captured. Tony had also stopped kidnappings before. Tony had also kidnapped villains before.

One would think he was used to kidnappings.

But he wasn't. So when he found out that Red Skull had kidnapped his son and husband, he instantly had a panic attack. Not the romanticized movie kind. But the terrifying, heart racing, trouble breathing, body shaking, negative thoughts, and feelings of helplessness kind.

He might've stayed stuck in his head for a while were it not for FRIDAY. Since Peter and Steve were in an unknown location being held against their will by an unknown villain for an unknown reason, his biggest supporters were unavailable to ground him. That thought alone almost sent him spiraling again but he remembered his breathing exercises and grounding techniques.

As he regained control of his mind, Tony began to formulate a plan. A daring plan. One that would hopefully end with his two favorite people back with him where they belonged. One that involved dangerous risks that could end in triumphant success or fatal failure.

Without a second thought, Tony was suiting up in his latest Iron Man suit, flying away into the night.
————————-
30 minutes earlier
Steve usually picked up Peter on Thursday afternoons so today was just like any other. After successfully picking up his son, Steve drove his inconspicuous Toyota (Tony had cringed when he bought it) into the heart of NYC.

It was a miracle Peter didn't have a sensory overload. There were people running about, locals heading off to work in a rush while tourists took their time to take in the sights. The smells of street vendor hot dogs and smoke filled the air in a surprisingly non-horrid way. Their were lights flashing every which way from both tourists and taxis in addition to overpriced stores advertising their opulent goods. People continued to ram their shoulders against him despite his small frame. But Peter knew better than to confront them. He didn't want another angry New Yorker to scream about moving out of the way.

With a hand tightly grasping his father's, Peter continued walking down 9th Avenue until he reached his favorite ice cream place. Holey Cream. Steve and Peter had already ordered ahead so they simply picked up their ice cream.

It would've been easier for the ice cream to be delivered but the father- son duo preferred to stroll along the bustling streets and take in the sights. Besides, Steve had his credit card that was thankfully linked to the bank account he shared with Tony. So they decided to do a little shopping.

It was still hard for Peter to ask for much. Even though he had been born to Tony and Steve via surrogate and lived his entire life in Stark Tower, Peter was still a polite and shy teenager that hated to ask for anything. It was one of Steve's favorite things about his son.

The two continued walking, taking a right or left everyone so often, occasionally going in circles. But neither minded. Peter had no pressing homework and Steve didn't have anything more important to do than hang our with his kid. Therefore, both were free to stay downtown until it grew dark.

Steve pulled his son into a small bookstore that was barely noticeable from the sidewalk. He knew about Peter's love for STEM (science, technology, engineering, math) so he asked the kind cashier where that section would be. It was one of those bookstores where nothing is organized but in a good way. A way that makes you want to stay just a little longer.

It took some digging but Peter found a few interesting books. But then he found a few more. And then he found a few more. The cycle continued until the teenager had over twenty books laid out in front of him. Being the selfless child his parents loved, Peter began to narrow down his purchase.

That worked until his dad said "you can get all of them if you want, Peter".

Peter really didn't want Steve to spend all that money just buying him books but conceded after a short argument. In the teenagers defense, Steve totally cheated by asking "if you could pick one book, which would you pick?"

Unable to choose only one, Peter got them all, profusely thanking his dad. The centenarian literally waved away Peter's gratitude with a flick of his wrist.

The two resumed their walking, just ambling around the city, searching for another store to drop half a fortune at. Neither hero found another shop to stop at so they bought tickets for the subway.

While on the mostly empty, dirty subway with its subpar seats, Peter suggested they take a selfie to send to Tony. Due to their height difference, Steve bent down while Peter stood on his tippy toes. Even then, Steve still towered over the tiny child. They plastered smiles on their faces and quickly hit the camera button, checking the photo to see if it was useable. Deeming it worthy enough, Peter sent it to his other dad.

It was only after hitting send that Peter noticed something in the corner of the photo. Peter tried to inconspicuously show his dad, but was interrupted when something came crashing into the back of his head, effectively rendering him unconscious with Steve following shortly after.
————————
Ping.

Tony's phone sounded with the text alert sound. He opened his phone to see a message from Peter. The selfie was cute, his two favorite people smiling and enjoying each other's company. He quickly sent a response. Similarly to Peter, it took a few glances at the photo to notice what was in the corner of the photo.

It appeared to be a man wearing a black jacket. But that wasn't what caused Tony to spiral into a panic attack or drop his phone on the ground.

No, it wasn't the jacket. It was the red octopus on the jacket. The Hydra symbol. Or maybe it was the small club he was holding in his hand, obviously preparing to cause pain.

Tony quickly ordered FRIDAY to use facial recognition software to find the man.

"Sir, the man appears to be Samuel Bragenstern. He is employeed under Hydra but more specifically Red Skull"

Tony began to cry, an anxiety attack setting in. "Call the others"
———
Wow. Two oneshots in one day. I'm insane. Happy reading and there will be a part 2 and possibly more.