Robots

I legit have 14 drafts. Happy reading and thanks for the votes. Don't forget I do take requests
————————————
Peter is not like most teenagers.

Most teenagers don't get bitten by radioactive spiders or become an Avenger before getting their drivers license. Most teenagers don't live with their aunt in Stark Towers with the rest of the Avengers and other heroes. Most teenagers don't work with Tony Stark and Bruce Banner and Stephen Strange and James Rhodes. Most teenagers don't have an IQ over 200 or have a curfew to fight crime (not that Peter would even admit the latter).

And most teenagers don't have the ability to make a functioning R2-D2 robot.

Like I said. Peter is not like most teenagers.

The story starts in Peter's personal lab after a long day at school. Flash had been a giant pain in the non-web-shooting ass and Ned had to cancel on a Star Wars movie marathon. Plus there was a field trip that Peter wouldn't be able to go on since his teacher rejected his permission slip since it was signed by Tony. To quote his teacher 'like that would ever happen'.

Peter had talked to Tony about ideas for a new project since he was having inventors-block. Tony (being the wonderful father figure he is) had said something along the lines of build a robot. He even reminded the teenager that it didn't have to be useful. Just something to keep him busy and his brain stimulated.

The teenager complied and decided to build a functional replica of R2-D2. He did most of the work by himself, occasionally asking Tony for help or a suggestion or calling Shuri for her thoughts. Shuri turned out to be a big help and found better solutions for some of Peter's problems.

Since he lived in the tower, it was easier to work on the lab. So everyday after school he would complete his homework and eat a small snack or dinner depending on the time and then dash for the labs. Peter our a least an hour of work in everyday and in only 2 weeks, he had his robot.

R2-D22 (pronounced like 'tutu' not 'twenty-two') was about 36 inches (3 feet) and could actually talk. Shuri had come up with the idea of a speaking robot since the beeping would get annoying while Tony helped with the programming since he had done things like that before (Jarvis, FRIDAY, and Karen).

The robot was used mostly to remind people of things. Some of the programmed things were make Tony eat, remind Peter and Tony to sleep, check over homework for errors, and remind Pepper of meetings. There were some one time reminders and then there were some they had to keep it permanently.

All of R2-D22's movements, talking, and reminders were controlled by an app on Peter's phone. He was extremely proud considering he hadn't had any help with the app and minimal help with the actual robot.

When Ned came over the next day, there had been a mini fanboy moment as he saw his favorite robot come to life (but new and improved).

Ned came up with the idea of making more robots. So they did. In a week, they had created 1 more and were half way through another. The completed robot was named Sudsy and washed dishes. The unfinished robot was Helli and was going to be used for spying on people, like a helicopter parent. It was small and silent, meaning nobody could detect it and was once again controlled by an app.

Tony couldn't be more proud of his kid while May couldn't grasp her nephew's abilities. But nonetheless they were both clapping the loudest as he won science fair after science fair.
———————————
It was a muggy Monday morning and Peter knew that Tony would have out all of the coffee mugs out on the lawn if they actually had a lawn. The teenager barely made it to school on time due to the most adorable Samoyed walking through Central Park so of course Peter stopped to pet the animal.