The Collection

62k and back to #1 in oneshot collection! You guys are awesome! This oneshot is based off the request above by @Adriana1234555. To everyone else who requested something, I am currently working on them. Hopefully they'll be out sooner rather than later. Happy reading!
—————
The days following Peter's adoption were stressful. There was the long legal process and name changing to take care of, decisions about press conferences, helping May move to California for her new job, Peter's finals, and a whole bunch of other stuff to worry about.

On top of all that, there were living arrangements. Peter had been living in the tower on weekends and spending weekdays at his apartment with May. Now that she was moving across the country, Peter was going to live in Stark Towers full time. That meant transferring the remainder of his clothes and other personal belongings to his new room.

Which meant moving day.

Peter really hated moving day for a couple reasons. The first being he was just really lazy. The second being taking things out of boxes and organizing (*shudders in disgust*). And the final reason was the last moving day resulted in a plane crash on the night of his homecoming.

So yeah. He had a couple reasons to hate it.

But unlike homecoming night, Peter had the rest of the Avengers to help him. Not all of them could be there but the majority showed up at his tiny apartment with collapsed cardboard boxes and duct tape. The team of movers included Steve, Nat, Clint, Bruce, Ned, Thor, and Tony (of course).

Luckily, there was no furniture, kitchenware, or other knickknacks that needed to be moved. The only room getting packed up was Peter's. Unfortunately for him, he had forgotten a couple of things.

The first was his room was absolutely trashed. Between the Stark Internship, Spider-Man, school, Decathlon, and just being a teenager in general, Peter didn't have a lot of time left over for things like cleaning his room. Meaning his room looked like a tornado had blown through.

As if that wasn't embarrassing enough, there were LEGOs decorating his shelves. The Deathstar was resting on his dresser with a couple smaller sets nearby. There were ships and planes and cars sitting precariously on a few unbalanced shelves hanging loosely on the wall.

Peter was embarrassed to be caught with toys for little kids but the other Avengers were amazed that he had built them. So for a good 45 minutes or so, Peter taught the heroes how to build LEGO sets.

Eventually though Steve had to remind the team about the unfinished task. The team untangled themselves off the floor with a groan and began packing clothes once again. Tony left to pick up Taco Bell for lunch for the hungry heroes (since Clint wouldn't shut up). The room was silent save for the Hamilton soundtrack playing through the loudspeakers and Peter singing along.

Other than the awesome music playing and the awful singing, the room was quiet. Or at least it was until Clint opened the closet door.

"Whoa"

The others turned their heads to see the archer's discovery. Inside the extremely messy closet on the top shelf sat a collection of Iron Man figurines. There were action figures, small plushes, Tsum Tsums, Funko Pops, LEGOs, figurines, and other small toys.

Clint was the first to start laughing. The others quickly joined in though. And by others I mean Thor who didn't understand what was going on. Steve and Bruce were too polite to make fun of Peter while Nat didn't find anything funny about the situation. Ned already knew about the collection and had actually bought a large portion as presents for Peter. All the while Peter stood there as his face grew more and more red in embarrassment.

Tony wanting to be the center of attention strolled into the room like he was on a runway (which he had done numerous times before). In his hands he had four bags of Taco Bell. Upon noticing the stares of his teammates, he stopped dancing and asked "what?"

Still giggling, Clint pointed towards the closet. Peter in a desperate attempt to stop Tony from seeing his embarrassing collection jumped on the billionaire. It turns out that Tony is actually strong despite his small frame. That meaning Tony simply continued walking with the addition of a teenager hugging him like a koala. 

It reminded Tony of another time Peter had jumped on his back. The billionaire had been running on such little sleep that he hadn't noticed his hitch hiker. A short while afterwards Tony had met Eddie Brock and his 'parasite' Venom in an effort to determine the best course of action towards dealing with the symbiote. So when Eddie said "oh, you're parasite is in color", Tony had freaked out and almost threw the teenager out of the window...on the 89th floor.

But luckily for both Peter and Tony the billionaire was wide awake, aware of the situation, and they were only on the third floor so Peter would be able to walk away from being defenestrated.

Unluckily for Peter though, Tony continued walking without so much as a break in step. With the Taco Hell bags in hand, the billionaire made his way in front of the closet. When he saw the collection he froze and dropped the bags of food. Ignoring Clint's screams of worry about the food, Tony managed to shake Peter off of his back before turning to look at him. Peter tensed and scrunched his eyes closed, preparing for the worst case scenario like he usually did.

"Where did you get all of these?"

Peter's eyes flew open in surprise. "You're not mad?"

Tony gave a laugh of disbelief. "Kid, why would I be mad? My favorite Avenger has a collection of me. And on top of that there are enough toys of me to have a collection!"

The teenager's eyes widened. He began to jump up and down excitedly as he asked "I'm an Avenger?! And I'm your favorite?!"

Unbeknownst to the pair, the remaining heroes (including Ned, who can be considered a hero after Homecoming night as well) had discreetly left the room with the bags of food to give them some privacy. And by that I mean they just wanted to pretend to give them privacy. In reality the small group was crouched outside the room with their ears pressed against the closed door.

"Of course you're an Avenger. After the way you took down Toomes! It was incredible. Nothing like I was doing when I first became Iron Man but absolutely incredible for your age. And you're obviously my favorite. You're my kid after all."

Peter stopped jumping momentarily. "I can't believe I forgot about the adoption! You're my dad!"

"Yep"

"And Mrs. Potts is my mom!"

"You can call her 'mom' ya know"

"Does this mean the Avengers are my aunts and uncles?!"

Tony laughed at Peter's excitement. Not in a cruel way, but in a way that showed how refreshing energy and enthusiasm was. "You can ask them but I'm sure they'll say yes"

A loud chorus of 'yes's sounded through the closed door before Nat began shushing them and apologizing to Tony and Peter, who were both laughing at the heroes.

Peter smiled up at his dad. "So you're really okay with it?"

"Well...to be honest not really." Peter's face dropped and he opened his mouth to apologize but Tony interrupted. "It's not okay because I want a collection like this. Maybe I'll get a Spider-man one to match yours"

The teenager looked like he was about to die of happiness. So much that Tony was worried about whether or not he was actually going to die or not. 

"THEY HAVE SPIDERMAN TOYS?!"

In total, Tony spent almost a thousand dollars ($996.72 to be exact) buying various Spiderman toys for his collection and more Iron Man figures for Peter's.