Attack Part 5

"Dad?!"

"Peter?!"

"Tony?!"

"Steve?!"

The mysterious figure rushed to the cell door. With his enhanced sight, Peter could see the red and yellow of the Iron Man suit.

"Dad!" Peter sobbed.

The faceplate of the suit lifted away as Tony stretched his hands through the bars of the cell in order to reach his son and husband. Steve tried to sit up to touch Tony's hand but instead cried out in pain as he put pressure on his leg. It was definitely broken.

Heading Steve's shout set Tony into a panic. "Are you okay? What's wrong? Did they hurt you?" He barely paused between words.

Steve started to nod his head as if saying 'I'm alright'. He stopped however. He couldn't lie to Tony. And even if he did, Tony would see right through his facade.

So instead of pretending to be okay, Steve shook his head and quietly began to cry. He wasn't sobbing. At least not yet.

Fortunately for the super soldier, Tony couldn't see in the dark so he couldn't see Steve's tears. Unfortunately, Tony had night vision in the suit. So when he slid the faceplate back on in order to blast down the cell door, Tony saw the tears falling down Steve's perfect face.

Without another seconds hesitation, the door was pulled off its hinges with the Iron Man suit. It would have been easier to hit it with a cannon but that posed the possibility of it flying across the cell and hitting Peter and/or Steve. Neither of which were people Tony wanted to hurt.

Once the door was haphazardly thrown behind him, Tony ran into the dark and dank room. He crowded down on the floor and instantly pulled Steve in for a hug.

"I love you so much, Steve. I'm so glad you're safe" the billionaire mumbled against his husband's bloodied and battered shoulder.

Steve smiled into the crook of Tony's neck. "I love you more"

Normally, Tony would respond with 'not possible' or 'in your dreams'. But this time, he left Steve win and pulled away to embrace Peter. Whether it was from shock of rescue or pain, the poor teenager hadn't said a word since Tony arrived.

"Peter" Tony breathed as he gently pulled his son tight against the metal chest of his suit. "You're here"

Peter gave a small chuckle. "Where else would I be?" He joked.

Against his will, Tony smiled. Even in a time of crisis, Peter was still sarcastic as ever. Tony loved him for that.

"You should be in your room, doing homework. Come on, let's get you out of here. Can you walk? Is anything broken?"

Peter gave himself a quick evaluation. "I think my shoulder is dislocated and my ribs are bruised. I might be able to walk on my own though. You'll have to carry dad"

Tony looked over at his husband to see how he was doing. Steve's leg was visually fractured. With his enhanced healing thanks to the super serum, it would begin healing sooner than Tony would like. If they didn't get it set properly soon, the leg would heal crooked and would have to be broken again in order to fix it. Tony wanted to avoid that if possible.

"Alright. Let's get you standing first, Pete, and then I'll grab your dad." Tony stood off the cold concrete floor before gently pulling Peter to his feet.

The teenager stood for two seconds before his eyes rolled to the back of his head and he collapsed.

"Peter!" Both Steve and Tony yelled. The super soldier made a move to grab his son before he fell, but had to stop when his leg shifted painfully. Just before Peter hit the floor, Tony caught him.

"Okay. New plan."

Tony remained standing for a second, thinking of how to carry both his husband and son at the same time. Normally, he would have one climb on his back and the other in his arms but that wouldn't work due to their injuries and Peter being unconscious. It took the billionaire a second but he found a solution.

"Jarvis, get Nat over here now"

"Right away, sir" the AI replied dutifully.

Less than a minute later, the Black Widow came sprinting into the room with her weapons at the ready. "You found them?" She asked in disbelief.

Tony smiled, immensely happy to have his family mostly safe. "Yeah, I did. But Steve's got a broken leg and my kid's unconscious. Can you carry Pete while I get Steve?"

Nat nodded and carefully grabbed Peter from Tony's arms. Thanks to the spider bite, Peter's weight had decreased significantly because of bone density or something, so he only weighed roughly ninety pounds. The former assassin was extremely thankful for that considering she had to run out of a Hydra base to a jet at least three miles away.

After Steve was situated in the metallic arms of the Iron Man suit, they took off. Tony went first with Nat trailing behind. At every corner, they prepared to fight. Every so often, a Hydra agent would shoot but Tony used the Iron Man suit to first deflect and then attack. There was even one soldier that tried to stab Nat.

"And they said Hydra wouldn't attack with a pocket knife" Steve muttered.

It took almost thirty minutes to navigate to the exit. Once there, it was an open field for about a mile before the landscape turned into a forest. Tony turned to face Nat. With a nod, they took off running.

"Jarvis! Get the ship started!" Tony commanded.

They were halfway to the woods when the explosions started. Bullets whizzed past the small group as they continued to run. Tony knew he was safe inside the suit but everyone else was exposed to shrapnel and guns. As he shot down one of the numerous snipers, Tony had an idea.

Pressing a button on the suit, Tony pulled a small box. He turned his back to the Hydra agents to shield Steve as he set him gently onto the ground.

"Tony?" Steve questioned. "What are you doing?"

The billionaire stayed silent as he continued to open the box to reveal his newest invention: nano tech. Tony grabbed the new suit and quickly placed it over Steve's hand, watching in amazement as it spread across his body to form a bullet proof suit.

"It works" Tony whispered.

Steve turned to face him but was stopped when Tony pulled him onto his feet. The super soldier braced for the pain of his broken leg, but nothing happened. He looked down at his feet and saw the suit had formed a makeshift cast.

"Now go. I'll take care of them" Tony waved Steve off towards Nat, who was still running with Peter in her arms.

"No" Steve stood there, defiantly.

"What do you mean 'no'? I need you to get to the ship while I take out the snipers."

"Hell no! You're my husband and I am not leaving you behind."

Tony gave an exasperated groan. "If you don't leave I'll make you! I'm not loosing you again, Steve! The suit is bulletproof so that you can run to the woods and be safe. I'll be there in a second. Now go"

Steve stood there, debating, bullets still raining down around him. "You have one minute. If you aren't at the edge of the woods in one minute, I'm coming back"

Surprised, Tony agreed. "Deal. Now go, please."

While Tony turned to shoot down another sniper, Steve headed for the forest. The super soldier stopped to say "I love you"

Without hesitation, the billionaire replied "I love you more"

"I love you the most" Steve countered, as he began jogging away.

"Not possible"

"I can't hear you!" Steve joked. He always did that whenever Tony won. The thought made Tony smile despite the circumstances.

It took less than thirty seconds for Tony to blow up the base. Using heat seeking missiles, regular missiles, and various other explosive devices, the Hydra building came crumbling to the ground. With one last glance at the rubble, Tony activated his foot thrusters and flew off to the woods where his family stood waiting.
——————-