Secret Adoption

Requested by @Emily_lovesbooks
—————
It didn't come as a surprise when May walked into the apartment she shared with Peter to say she got the job. It did come as a surprise though when she revealed her new job was in Hong Kong. Peter loved his aunt. She had always been good to him and cared for him like a mother.

But he couldn't move to China.

While he would love to go, he couldn't. Peter had school and Ned and MJ and LEGO Death Stars to build and Spider-Man and his internship at Stark Industries and an acceptance letter to MIT. He couldn't leave Queens.

After a long discussion, they reached an agreement. They didn't shake on it just yet. First they needed someone else to agree. And Peter had the perfect opportunity to do so at his job.
—————-
Tony Stark had always been a parental figure in Peter's life ever since they first met. Maybe it was just because the billionaire noticed the obvious lack of actual parents in the teenager's life or maybe it was traits he had seen in himself growing up without Howard to praise and love him. But for whatever reason, Tony had taken Peter under his wing.

It started out as a mentorship. Tony gave him better suits and taught him how to be a better superhero in addition to advanced chemistry and technology.

But it soon turned into something else. Peter would walk into the tower for movie nights and dinner with the Avengers instead of just working in the lab. He would be given rides to and from school by Happy and even Tony if his schedule allowed it. If Peter stayed the night at the tower, Tony would make breakfast in the morning and pack him a lunch for school with the good snacks. If Peter was picked up from school, Tony would ask how his day was and help with homework if he could.

It took some time, but Tony became a father to Peter.

So who better to watch after Peter while his aunt moved halfway across the world than Tony?
————

"Yes"

May gave him a look. "I didn't even finish asking you the question"

"It doesn't matter because the answer is yes. You said 'can you adopt Peter because" and I say yes. It doesn't matter your reason. I love that kid like my own."

The aunt was silent for a moment, pondering. "I'm moving to Hong Kong but Peter needs to stay. I can't uproot him just before college. There is no one else I trust with him."

Tony smiled genuinely. "That really means a lot. Peter is a special kid. I just want what's best for him."

"And that's why I chose you"

It was quiet in Tony's office for a second, both adults smiling. Unsurprisingly, it was Tony who broke the silence. "When can we get the papers signed?"

"Don't you need to talk with your wife first?"

Tony waved his hand in dismissal. "I don't need to. She loves Peter. Besides, I know she would be okay with it. And this wouldn't be the craziest thing I've done either so it's all good"

May considered his words for a second before standing from her deep leather chair and stretching her hand towards the billionaire. Tony stood from his own seat and leaned across his ridiculously expensive cherry wood desk to shake her hand. 

"I'll get the papers to you as soon as possible"

-------

It took three days to get the papers and another four before they were notarized in front of a judge. It probably would have taken longer but someone must've noticed 'Tony Stark' on the document and placed it at the top of the pile. But it didn't really matter because Peter Parker was now Peter Stark.