Pardoned

This was one was requested. Thank you all for the votes and reads. Sorry for publishing so late (WiFi problems). Happy reading!
————————————
Tony was nervous to say the least. It was odd considering Peter was the nervous wreck of the not-really-a-family-family. Tony was used to paparazzi and interviews and all that kind of stuff. He could control his emotions perfectly after years of being in the spotlight due to beginning at an early age. He could lie through an award winning smile and no one would notice.

Well Peter and Pepper would notice. They knew his habits of rubbing his fingers along his pants when he was angry or almost silently humming a song when he was sad. Tony would never admit how he was feeling so the two 'P's in a Pod' (Tony's nickname for his two favorite people) had to learn his mannerisms.

But back to the story. Tony was nervous because the Avengers were coming. All of the rogue heroes had been pardoned after many late nights and early mornings of revisions and redrafts. And now they were coming to the tower. As in Stark Tower. The one that Tony owns. And where Peter and Pepper live.

Tony was afraid of his two favorite people getting hurt. He loved Pepper more than anything in the world and Peter was basically a son to him. If they got hurt, Tony would never forgive himself.

The billionaire was also afraid of what would happen in the meeting. He hadn't seen Steve, Bucky, or Wanda since the battle in Germany. Scott and Clint had chosen house arrest but were still pardoned and would be released in a few days. Harsh words and harsher blows had been delivered at the airport and Tony didn't know what was going to happen.

And that scared him most.

He couldn't prepare. He couldn't plan. He couldn't create a Plan B because he didn't even have a Plan A. He had at least been able to get Pepper to a meeting 30 minutes away so that brought some relief. But there was nothing he could do to get rid of Peter (not permanently guys, just out of the tower for a few hours).

It was only 2 weeks into summer vacation so it wasn't like Tony could schedule the meeting while Peter was at school. Aunt May was spending the summer working in London (which explains why Peter was staying at the tower) so she couldn't watch him and Happy was on a 2 week vacation and didn't like Peter anyway so he wasn't an option either. Happy actually did like the kid but he would never admit it. Never. So he let everyone think he had a hatred against a teenager.

In the end Tony took Peter to his personal lab (Peter was still in denial that Tony Stark had given him his own lab) and gave a long list of projects to start, finish, or fix. And then he locked the door. Cue the evil laugh. Tony did feel bad about locking a teenager in a lab but then again it was for Peter's safety and the kid didn't want to leave the lab even when he wasn't locked in there.

The billionaire took one last glance at Peter before turning in his heel and walking for the elevator.
———————————-
Steve Rogers was a little nervous to be honest. He didn't have a lot of information going into this meeting. All he knew was they were pardoned and they needed to have a meeting at Stark Tower to finish the whole Accords business once and for all. The super soldier was nervous about a lot of things. For one the lack of information. And another was it could be a trap. Tony was another stressor. And the reality of the battle, all the words and hits thrown in anger but not hatred.

If he could he would take most of it back. The 70-year old man hated by dermatologists everywhere was sure there were a few well deserved punches or insults. But he would still take most of it back.

He didn't have any more time to ponder over his regrets as Tony Stark walked through the door, dressed to the nines in a gray custom made Versace suit complete with his signature sunglasses. Steve and the other Avengers didn't know this but Tony wore them in order to better conceal his emotions. Peter and Pepper knew this but they didn't know Tony knew they knew.