Identity Reveal*

Warning! This one shot does include a school shooting so please don't read if this could trigger you!
———————————
It had been a long day for Peter. First he overslept and missed the subway. After reaching school he realized he had skipped breakfast (which may not seem that bad but with Peter's metabolism it could be disastrous) and then he got a detention since he left his homework back at the tower. He had been staying there ever since his Aunt died of cancer just under a month ago. Peter's adoption had been finalized last week and now he was just waiting for a press conference to be revealed to the world as heir to Stark Industries. But nobody at school (other than Ned and MJ) knew that.
So there Peter sat in third period advanced chemistry, diligently copying down his notes despite the fact Dr. Bruce Banner had taught him this last week. He was busy trying to ignore the paper balls being thrown at him by none other than the school bully, Flash. It was at the precise moment when Ms. Darbis turned to scold Flash for disrupting class, that Peter heard footsteps outside. This could be considered normal for a school, but the sound of a gun's safety being released was definitely not.
Peter discreetly activated his web shooters (the ones he wore everywhere and everyday in case of an emergency like this) before asking to use the bathroom. When he reached the door though, he quickly locked it and ducked behind the window, shouting at everyone to get down!
"What is the meaning of this, Mr. Parker?!" Ms. Darbis screeched at the young boy.
"What the hell, Penis?!" This comment coming from Flash.
"There are guys out there with a gu-" CRASH!
Peter was interrupted by the sound of glass breaking and students screaming, running to the corner. The young superhero sprung into action; he herded students away from the line of sight, called the avengers, and kicked open the shattered door to kick some bad guy ass all in the time it took his surprisingly calm teacher to notify the school office of a threat.
Shouts of protest were heard as Peter left the room and shouts of pain were heard as the shooters were hit with punches and webs. Peter has managed to web up two of the three shooters before his spider sense went off. He tried to move out of the way but wasn't fast enough as a bullet entered into his side. A scream of pain rang out in the hallway but Peter still managed to disarm the remaining shooter.
The students shouted out in victory to congratulate the boy on his victory. Flash meanwhile stood in the back, pale in fear and realization that the kid he bullied was Spider-Man, who had saved his younger sister from getting hit by a car just over a week ago. Peter's face was bright red in embarrassment at the recognition and attention he was receiving but paling slightly as each second passed due to blood loss. Even worse, the Avengers chose that minute to enter the schools guns blazing, or at least their weapons at the ready.
Tony, ignoring the entire school watching, ran over to Peter and pulled him into a bone-crushing hug, muttering "you're all right you're all right I thought you were dead oh I'm so glad you're okay"
Peter let out a low hiss in pain, hoping Tony didn't hear as he was really enjoying the hug, and confirming that he was ok. The police finished loading the shooters into the cars and came over to congratulate Peter on defeating them. It was only when one officer went to give him a congratulating pat on the back that Peter screamed and fell to the ground in pain. The last thing he saw before unconsciousness was the worried face of Tony Stark as he breathed out a quiet name
"Dad"
————————————
"Dad?"
It was thirteen hours later that Peter awoke to a yet-again-concerned Tony sitting by his hospital bedside with his face down on the sheets, muttering something that resembled a prayer. Upon hearing his son call him dad for only the second time, his head snapped up so fast Peter was afraid it would fly off.
"Peter! Oh you're okay. Why didn't you tell me you were shot?! I thought you died in that school! Don't ever do that to me again. Oh I'm so glad you're safe and you're not dead and you're here an-" Peter quickly cut Tony off from his ramble with a soft "dad".
Tony looked Peter in the eyes as his head had moved during his ramble, whispering a "yes, son" just as softly.
Peter let out a small smile at the endearment, "I'm okay"
It was at this comment that Tony felt tears well up in his eyes. It was unclear whether it was from his son not dying or being called dad for the first (technically second) time in his life that caused the tears. Looking back on the memory, Tony would realize it was both. But at the moment, the 'cold-hearted' billionaire quickly (but gently) pulled his son into a hug. When he felt Peter's arms return the embrace, the tears began to fall freely, full on sobbing into his son's hospital gown.
"Thanks, dad" Peter's words warmed Tony, despite the voice crack as he too cried.
All over the news the next day (and for the next week) headlines shouted TONY STARK'S SON IS SPIDER-MAN
So much for the press conference.