Phone Call*

Im sorry for not updating in forever so here's a longer one for you. I finished midterms yesterday so I should be updating more frequently. Thank you all for voting and reading. Please send in any requests and happy reading
——————————
John Hancock Smith was basically born to be a history teacher simply because of his name. His first name went along with both his middle and last name to pay homage to two famous people. John Hancock was the first to sign the Declaration of Independence and John Smith was an explorer mostly made famous after Disney made Pocahontas. And so, inspired by his parents' choice of name for their second born son, he went to NYU for a degree in history and then got his teaching certificate. Three years after his graduation, he got a job at Midtown High School in New York City.

He hated it.

He hated teaching and students and tests and grading and disrespectful teenagers and smart alecs and teachers and the principal and New York weather and pretty much everything in his life.

This reflected in his teaching. Peter Parker used to love history but ever since Mr. Smith became his teacher, he despised the subject. He still got an A of course, but the subject didn't come naturally to him like math, science, and even English. Peter had a gift for Spanish and other foreign languages. Any subject imaginable was easy or at least fairly easy with only a minimal amount of studying required to do well.

Everything except history.

Mr. Smith had pop quizzes and pop tests, essays and projects with deadlines merely days away, study guides that didn't cover anything on the test, low grades that didn't reflect the work, and a whole bunch of other horrible things.

Another thing Mr. Smith hated was when phones went off during class. Text messages were read aloud and phone calls were put on speaker. All solely for the embarrassment of the student.

Peter would rather not deal with the embarrassment of Aunt May on speakerphone or having Ned's texts read aloud so he kept his ringer off. As long as his Stark Phone was on silent, he couldn't get in trouble. And it worked. Until Tony Stark called.

Tony never called unless it was important. So he had a special setting on Peter's phone that even when it was on silent, it would still ring loudly to announce the call. And Peter couldn't do anything to fix it.

It was a boring day in history. Mr. Smith was babbling on and on about dictatorships and Peter resisted the urge to yell 'you're a dictator'. But he didn't.

The room was quiet save for the teacher's monotone monologue and the snoring of a student in the back. Peter himself was fighting off sleep. In his defense, he had pulled an all nighter with Spider-Man and homework and Mr. Smith was just so boring.

🎵IRON MAN IRON MAN DOES WHATEVER AN IRON CAN🎵

The sound of Peter's custom ringtone for Tony blared at full volume through the classroom. Peter jumped out of his seat and almost fell on the floor at the sudden sound. Mr. Smith did not look impressed and motioned for the embarrassed teen to answer the call, clearly livid at his lecture being interrupted.

Peter tried saying 'no' but he knew it was useless so he picked up the phone and answered. "Hello?"

"Heya, Pete. What's happening? Actually I don't care. Listen it's an emergency and yo-"

"Mr. Stark, you should know you're on speaker."

There was a pause as Tony absorbed the information. "Why the hel- heck am I on speaker? Where are you? The suit says you're at school. Pete I swear to Thor you better not be skippi-"