I'm Not Sick

ACHOO!
Peter sneezed for what felt like the thousandth time. He was surprised to find that even after the spider bite he could still fall victim to common illnesses like the cold.

ACHOO!

His body lurched forward as he sneezed, followed immediately by a cough. A soft knock was heard at his bedroom door before Aunt May walked in with supplies. She placed a box of tissues on his nightstand and a bucket on the floor beside his bed. She then handed Peter some pills (specially made by Tony and his team of doctors) with a glass of water. May waited until he was finished before speaking, rubbing her hand soothingly across his burning forehead as she did.

"Hey, Peter. I'm sorry but I've gotta go to work. I'll call you later, okay? And if you don't answer then I'll just take that as you're sleeping, okay?" Peter weakly held up his thumb in response. "Good. I'll see if I can leave early or just leave for a little bit to check on you. Try to get some rest. I love you"

"I love you too, May" Peter managed to croak out in between a coughing fit.

May gave a small smile and kissed his forehead before leaving for work. As she walked out the door, she pulled out her phone and made a quick phone call.
————————
Peter was absolutely miserable. He was coughing and sneezing and throwing up and his head hurt like crap. And he was bored. And hungry. But he was under strict instructions to avoid eating for the whole day. Aunt May had left a few granola bars by his beside but only for emergencies with his heightened metabolism.

ACHOO!

As Peter sneezed yet again, someone entered the apartment. But Peter's senses were haywire so he had no way of knowing what was going on. So when he heard a knock at his door he screamed.

"AHHHHHHHHH!!! OH MY GOD IM GONNA DIE!!!!!!!"

The door flung open and Tony Stark came rushing in, ready to fight off anybody trying to hurt his ki- intern. "BACK AWAY FROM MY KID!"

"What tHE HELL? MR STARK I THOUGHT YOU WERE A MURDERER!"

"Why would a murderer knock?"

Peter paused to think before shrugging his shoulders. "Idk"

Tony lowered his fists (he had put them up in order to ward off any unwanted intruders) and a look of confusion appeared on his face. "Wait wait wait. You thought I was the murderer? I came here 'cuz May said you were sick and she wanted me to check on you."

"That still doesn't explain why you came in here all fists blazing"

"Is that a gen z thing? Fists blazing? Don't answer that. I've given up any hope of understanding you. To answer your question, I thought someone was in your room trying to kill you so I was going to fight them off." Tony trailed off, embarrassment evident in his voice. He almost sounded unsure of his actions.

Peter heard the familiar whirring of the Iron Man suit and was impressed at the speed. Instead of talking about the fast-approaching suit, the two engaged in a silent staring contest of sorts. After about thirty seconds of silence (or as silent as one can get in an apartment in downtown Queens), the familiar red and gold of the iron man suit flew in through the open window and began to form around the ever silent Tony. The father-son duo who refused to admit their relationship (not sexual or romantic strictly father-son you disgusting pedophiles) did not break eye contact once. After the suit finished attaching itself to the quiet billionaire, he lifted the face mask and said "never mind that. you are sick and need aid. while Strange or Banner or literally anyone else other than Thor would be good at taking care of you, May sent me instead. Don't ask me why just tell me where you keep your pots."