Tour Guide

Stark Tower was busy. There were dozens of various tours and meetings and business proposals and renovations going on all within the span of two days. So Tony did the sensible thing and let Peter stay home from school. Thankfully, May was on a business trip and didn't know. Peter helped pitch projects to investors, attended a few meetings in place of Tony, and led tour groups. He wanted to help out his mentor as much as possible. It was his way of thanking the man for everything.

Peter woke up on the third day of his hectic week and took a look at the schedule on his Stark Phone (the unreleased model he had helped make with Tony).

8:00 breakfast with Pepper and Tony
9:00 tour #1
10:00 tour #2
11:00 break
11:20 tour #3
12:30 lunch with Tony
1:15 business meeting
2:30 investor pitch
3:30 lab with Tony
6:00 dinner with Avengers
7:00 lab with Tony and Bruce

His day was hectic to say the least. But the first two tours went smoothly and his break was spent talking with Shuri on Starktime (Tony's version of FaceTime but better). At 11:17, Peter walked to the elevators and began his way downstairs. Or down elevator in his case.

As the doors to the lobby opened, Peter's new phone buzzed with a notification. He looked down to see Tony texting him about some boring meeting. This put a smile on Peter's face as he responded to the messages of 'GET ME OUT OF HERE!" and "this man is so boring shoot me with my repulses!" with the laughing crying emoji. It was only when a voice rang out through the lobby that he looked up.

"Penis?!"

Peter's head snapped up as he realized his home room class was standing in front of him.

"Heyyyyyy guys." He awkwardly waved at them with a sheepish grin. "Are you the 11:20 tour?"

It was Mr. Dinkleburg, Peter's teacher, who responded. "Mr. Parker you are in a lot of trouble. You can't skip school for three days and still expect to come on a field trip! How did you get here anyway?"

Peter stammered to answer his obviously angry teacher. "I-I-I'm here for my uh the Stark internship thing. Mr. Stark neede-"

"I've had enough of your lies about the internship, Peter! You need to report to school for detention." Mr. Dinkleburg reached for Peter to drag him outside when a different voice rang out in the lobby.

"Get your filthy hands off my kid"

Everyone's head turned to see the Tony Stark walking over with a livid expression still visible under his sunglasses.

"M-Mr. Stark. I-I apologize for my student. I don't know how he got here but I'll be taking hi-"

"Actually, teach" Tony wrapped an arm around the young hero's shoulder and pulled him close "Peter is not leaving. He is needed for some very important work like leading your tour. Is that going to be a problem?"

While Peter stood blushing by Tony,
Mr. Dinkleburg stood speechless. The students on the other hand were not and began whispering about Peter and the internship.

"I guess he wasn't lying"
"Peter was telling the truth"
"Who knew"
"Wait his kid?"
"They look really close"

When Tony heard kids saying Peter wasn't lying, he stopped his question (an 'Are you okay' whispered in Peter's ear) to face the culprit.

"Peter doesn't have an internship. He-"

"Ha! I knew it! He is lying!" Flash interrupted.

Oh no Peter thought. Tony hates being interrupted. And when Peter is insulted.

"Did you just insult my son?!"

"Yo- your your son?" Flash was clearly terrified.  And rightfully so.

"I'll have you know Peter would never lie about something like that. It is insulting to suggest that. And his name is Peter and he is the hei-"

It was only then that Mr. Dinkleburg stepped in, which only angered Tony more considering he had now been interrupted twice. "You can't bully my student!"

"So it's not okay to be mean to Eugene but he can be mean to my kid. I have evidence of him bulking Peter and I will see you in court Thompson. You and Mr. Dick-leburg are leaving now. The rest of you can stay." He turned to Peter and his face instantly softened. "You still wanna lead the group, kid? I can find someone else if you don't want to."

Peter thought it over before agreeing to lead the tour. Tony smiled at him and ruffled his hair before turning back to face the students. "You all signed NDAs so don't say anything I was you want a lawsuit. Oh! and Flash. Peter isn't an intern here. He's the heir to Stark Industries. There's a big difference. Have a horrible day!" He said the last sentence with a customer service smile and the fakest enthusiasm in existence. "Bye, son"

Peter waved at Tony as he walked away "bye". He turned to his classmates. "So ummmmm...let's get started with the tour"