Hallucinations

Over 34k and it hasn't even been two months! Thank you all so much and happy reading!
———————
Tony knew his chances of survival were close to nothing. Those numbers were completely dependent on either drifting to a planet with air and food or being rescued.

So there was a good chance Tony was going to be dead within 24 hours. Better than a good chance actually. It was almost guaranteed.

His space daughter Nebula was mostly robot so the lack of food and oxygen didn't affect her in the same way. She would simply shut down until there was oxygen in the atmosphere.

Tony couldn't do that.

Instead, he could make video messages to send to family and friends and ask for some privacy. Tony knew he would ask Nebula to be there in his final moments but for the time being he wanted some privacy while he went crazy.

About an hour after the oxygen ran out, the first hallucination appeared. Tony was prepared for this and closed his eyes tightly and covering his ears. He didn't want to look or hear his dead mother beckoning him to the grave. He didn't want to look or head his dead father reprimanding him for a minor error.

More people came and left. Tony ignored every single one of them.

Until Peter appeared.

"Hey, Mr. Stark"

At those words, Tony's eyes snapped open and he removed his hands from over his ears. He wanted nothing more than to talk to his kid for the last time.

"Hey, kid" He croaked out, due to a lack of water. He knew that if he was properly hydrated his eyes would definitely be glassy with unshed tears.

Fake-Peter smiled. "Mr. Stark...you can't give up. They just need more time to find you."

Tony sighed. "That's the thing, Pete. I'm out of time. I've got hours at most before I'm dead"

"You can't leave me, Mr. Stark. Please. You and May are the closest things I have to parents. I can't lose another dad. I love Aunt May with all my heart but I can't go back to just her. I need you"

It was at that moment, as the hallucination of Peter talked about his family, that the metaphorical tears fell. Tony knew he would be crying if he could.

"I've always thought of you as a son, Peter. I'm sorry I won't be there to tell you in person. You deserve someone better than me though." Tony reached out to touch the kid but felt nothing. He wasn't there.

"I've always thought of you as a dad"

Tony stilled. That voice hadn't come from the Peter in front of him. The Avenger slowly turned in his small cot to find another Peter standing there in the IronSpider suit.

Tony began to laugh. "I've gone mad. That's it. You're not here and I'm going crazy and now I'm thinking there's two Peters. I always knew I would go to hell but I didn't realize it would be this crue-"

Peter touched him.

And this time Tony felt it.

The older man paused and slowly looked into Peter's eyes. "Are you real?"

"About as real as me" Tony shifted slightly to find a racoon carrying a machine gun and a tank of oxygen.

"I must be hallucinating" Tony muttered under his breath.

But Peter smiled down and greeted him kindly before introducing Tony, all the while attaching the oxygen mask to the billionaire. "You're not hallucinating. Mr. Stark, this is Rocket. He used to be a part of the Guardians of the Galaxy but they all died in the snap but now they're back. Oh! and Thor is here too! The other Avengers are on the spaceship. I should probably help you move over there. We have food and water and you can shower. No offense, Mr. Stark, but you stink"

Tony smiled up at the kid. "Kid, I think we're past the point of 'Mr. Stark'. Don't you?"

Peter grinned. "What am I supposed to call you then?"

The billionaire pretended to think. "I don't know. I was thinking 'Tony' or 'dad' or 'the best Avenger'"

Strong arms suddenly wrapped around him as Peter pulled Tony into an embrace. "I like the sound of 'dad''

Tony moved his head to find Peter blushing furiously. "Me too, son. Me too."
-------------------
Thank you all for the votes and comments. I appreciate you all so much. I was going to make this a little longer but I couldn't figure out what to do with it so here ya go. Thanks again and happy reading!