Attack Part 3

So apparently you all really wanted a part 3. Guess the last ending wasn't good enough for you. Smh. (i'm jk) Also, there will be a part 4, possibly more
—————
Tony couldn't think straight. And not just because he isn't. But because the love of his life and his pride and joy were missing. His husband and his son. Steve and Peter. The two most important people in his life. Missing. Presumed kidnapped. Possibly dead. No, not possibly dead. Probably dead. They disappeared without a trace.

There were no leads. Nothing. Zip. Zilch. Nada.

This left Tony slightly deranged and definitely panicked. His thinking was impaired due to his lack of sleep. Pepper was begging him for a statement to give to the press but Tony ignored her and continued his search. He had called in the other Avengers to help and they did. But they were nowhere near Tony's level. It took three people to pry him from his computer and lock him in his room. Jarvis was under strict instructions to keep the anxious billionaire inside his room. His internet access was limited and his override codes were temporarily frozen.

Nat in particular was worried about him. Tony was her best friend and seeming him so distraught felt like a stab through the heart. She wanted nothing more than to ease his suffering. So while she ignored the pounding on Tony's door and his screams and pleas to release him, she began her own search. Natasha wasn't a very emotional person but she had a special connection with Tony and his small family. Tony was going crazy with worry and Nat was too, but not to the point her thinking was affected. With her clear, rational thinking, the former assassin remembered the special present Peter had received for his birthday.

On the outside, it looked like a plain watch. But after pressing two buttons simultaneously, it transformed into a technological masterpiece. It contained but Jarvis and Karen with direct links to Tony and Steve and comms to the rest of the team and any other heroes Peter might encounter. It could be used to track people in addition to the wearer of the watch in case of emergency and could send and receive locations from anywhere in the world without the worry of service or WiFi. Plus, it had games, music, a battery life of a year without charging it, and could be transformed into a water filtration device.

To say Tony was proud of his invention was an understatement.

Natasha had never been happier about Tony's over protective gifts. She could use Peter's watch to find his location. The only problem was that Tony had put certain precautions in place in case someone broke into the tower and tried to find and harm Peter. So, there was a special code that was needed in order to use the tracking device. The only two people who knew the code were Tony and Steve. Steve was a little busy at the moment so Nat had to settle for Tony.

"Jarvis, ask Tony for the code, please. He should know which one I'm referring to"

The AI's voice replied with a "Yes, ma'am" before falling silent.

A minute or so went by before Jarvis spoke again. "Ms. Romanoff, Tony said it is not a password that can be entered with a keyboard. You need to say the code, but you have yet to be recorded. Only Mr. Stark-Rogers can open the tracking device."

"Fine." Nat grumbled in annoyance. "let him out"

It took less than three seconds for Tony to run from his bedroom to his lab.

"I'm here" he said, trying to catch his breath. Tony frantically began typing away at his computer before a loud ping sounded.

"Access approved." an electronic voice sounded.

If looks could murder, Tony would most certainly be dead. Nat was staring him down, silent but deadly. The glare alone was so terrifying that Tony spoke without saying a word. "What? I knew you would never let me out of that god- awful room. I need to be here, Nat. Please" his reasoning turned to begging as he continued speaking, tears once again threatening to spill.

Natasha was silent for a second before nodding. With a determined look on her face and even more determination in her voice she said, "Ok. Let's get them back."
—————
"What the hell does killing Tony have to do with us?"

Red Skull laughed mockingly. "Young child, it has everything to do with your 'dad'" he raised his hands to make finger quotes, once again ridiculing Peter. "You see, I can use you as bait. Once Tony remembers the tracking device in your watch- wonderful design by the way- he'll come flying in to save the day, right into my trap." He smiled maniacally.

Steve asked "why? Why do you want to kill Tony? If anything you should kill me-"

Peter's head whipped up to face his dad, wearing an incredulous expression. "What the hell?!" He whisper yelled, so low he knew even Steve would have trouble hearing him.

His dad waved a hand, showing he had heard the teenager but was instead choosing to ignore him. That gesture conveyed to Peter that Steve had a plan.

"I'm the one who killed you in 1942. Tony doesn't have anything to do with you. Leave him alone. Take me instead." Steve's face was confident, but his voice had a slight waver, barely detectable.

 It was the was that slight falter that scared Peter the most. Because it meant that Steve wasn't sure Tony would make it in time to save them. Because it meant Steve wasn't sure all three Rogers-Starks would survive. Because it meant Steve wasn't sure Tony would ever find them. Because Steve wasn't sure. And that was a scary thing to think.

Red Skull looked at Steve in disgust. "Why would I want to take you? Sure, you may have ruined my life and almost killed me, but that's in the past. What matters is now. And who has tried to kill me most recently? Oh, yeah. Tony Stark. That man wiped out every single Hydra base that he could find. He showed no mercy. And because of that, my minions are gone. My life's work is gone. My weapons and money and everything I need is destroyed. So yeah, I guess you could say I have a vendetta."

Steve didn't know what to say. But Peter did.

"Go to hell, asshole!" He spit both words and saliva in the villain's face. "Touch my dad and you'll have a bunch of pissed off superheroes against you."

It was obvious Steve was surprised at his son's outburst. He was too stunned to shush him, to reprimand him for cursing, to warn him against angering the villain trying to kill his dad. So all he did was stand there with a shocked expression.

Red Skull wiped his face with a gloved hand. "Wrong. Move." He sneered. And with that he turned and left the dark room.

---------------------------

"I've got something!"

Nat whipped her head up to face Tony. "What is it?"

The billionaire shook his head in disbelief. "I-I got a location on them. Peter's still wearing his watch. I can monitor all of his vitals and- Wait! I could send him a message!" He began to furiously type at his keyboard, ready to start communicating with his son.

"Tony, wait! How can you be sure that there isn't a Hydra agent near him about to blow his brains out because he's talking with you."

His face fell instantly. Tears welled in his eyes and he slouched over. He looked awful. But he didn't speak.

Natasha was by his side almost instantly, consoling him and trying to galvanize him. "hey," she spoke softly, almost like she was trying to de-hulk Bruce. "it's okay. I know you want them back as soon as possible but we have to think things through, okay? Peter isn't even my kid but I know that I would do anything for him. I can't imagine how you feel. But you can't give up. Let's call all the heroes in New York and we'll see if they have any ideas."

Tony nodded and wiped his tears away. "Okay. Let's get my family back."