Rivals*

Inspired by the post above
———————-
Peter slowly inched into the room, trying to avoid detection. He looked at the sleeping figure on the couch in the Avenger's penthouse living room. He took a deep breath and raised his hands, hesitating before turning around.
"Are you sure about this?"
Sam nodded. "This is what he'd want"
"Ok" Peter took a deep breath and raised his hands and CRASH CRASH CRASH CRASHCRASHCRASHCRASH.
He continued hitting the cymbals together, not noticing Sam running off to hide, as Bucky jumped in the air.
"WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK?!"
"Language!"
Peter turned around and noticed the rest of the Avengers standing there in shock.
"Ummmm.....hi?" Peter have a small little wave, cymbals still in hand.
Steve was the first to speak "what is going on here?"
Peter gave a sheepish smile and shrugged "Sam told me that Bucky would want me to do this so I did"
Bucky suddenly jumped off the couch, running off towards the bedrooms. Thankfully for Sam,
Steve and Thor managed to intercept him before he could commit a murder. Unfortunately, Bucky stopped thrashing and fighting against their hold. So when the two released their grip, Bucky dashed off yet again. This time nobody could get to him. Screams of fear and anger sounded from down the hallway as Bucky found Sam.
Sam ran through the room and stood behind Peter, gripping his shoulders.
"You wouldn't hurt Peter!" Sam shouted. The other avengers were shocked the superhero would use a teenager as protection from death but it made sense. Nobody would dare to touch a hair on Peter's head, and any villain who caused him pain (emotional or physical) would also get a visit from the avengers. Just for extra measure.
Bucky walked calmly to Peter and quickly (but gently) ripped Peter out of Sam's grasp, lightly pushing him into Tony's open arms. Sam shrieked and tried to take off, but was quickly tackled to the ground by Bucky. The avengers stood by and watched as Bucky choked Sam for a minute or two before stepping in and separating the two.
Peter stood by in fear. What is Bucky going to do to me? Sam may have been the mastermind but I woke him up! A million other thoughts raced through his head as Bucky slowly calmed down before walking over to Peter. Peter flinched as Bucky raised his arm, but it wasn't in anger. Instead, the ex-assassin ruffled Peter's hair and said "nice prank." Both Bucky and Peter smiled before the former pulled the young superhero into a hug. Bucky leaned in closer before whispering into Peter's ear, "sleep with one eye open"
Bucky pulled away from the hug with a smile at Peter's distressed state, patting him on the back.
Needless to say, Peter followed his advice.
———————
Words: 472
This one's a bit shorter and it isn't exactly Irondad but I thought it was cute.