8.

At approximately 9PM, the DJ pauses the music and makes an announcement through the tower speakers in each corner of the room — it's time for cake-cutting. We head outside to the front yard, where Wayne has always been sitting at since we arrive, to see a big 3D fondant cake in the shape of a Chanel handbag in the center of the dessert table.

Man, I only enjoy fresh cream cakes.

All of the sixty over guests gather around the pink tulle skirting dessert table in a semi-circle, singing her the birthday song, except Cass and I. We whisper into each other's ears about when to execute our plan, seeing as Wayne isn't tipsy at all standing next to Bianca behind the cake.

"He looks too sober, shit."

He stands rigidly, his hands lightly clapping each other as he mouths the lyrics of the song. I say mouth, because I am certain when the crowd sang 'Bianca' his lower lip tucked back lightly behind his teeth.

"Whatever. I'll still make sure to cock-block him tonight."

After passing out slices of cake, Bianca, Wayne and her group of minions goes back to their garden seats while the crowd returns back to their previous activity with their plates. I didn't take any cake since I don't enjoy fondant anyway.

Bianca seems to notice me behind her shoulders and she rolls her eye at me. She proceeds to kiss and suck on Wayne's neck violently, almost like a lion snapping the neck of its prey, as if it's even going to affect me.

Cass laughs. "Look at her! She's so insecure."

I hasten my footsteps, halting right behind Wayne where he's back-facing me. I cover his eyes from the back with both my hands, bending over his shoulders and whispering a seductive "Guess who?" into his ear.

He feels my hands with his thoroughly, probably trying to figure out whose fingers are that. Bianca doesn't gives him a chance to make a guess as she slaps my hands away.

"Wayne!" I whine irritatingly like a little girl who can't get whatever somebody else has, in a bid to annoy the birthday girl.

"Kel?" He throws his head back and his eyes widen, shocked that I'm the one behind him. "Come here," he tugs at my forearm and pulls me to the arm rest of the outdoor rattan sofa he's sitting on. I sit on it, acting all smiley and giggly just to put up the show of what a drunk Kelsey I'd imagine myself to be.

Crash the party it is.

Wayne rests his palm at my lower back while I sit facing my body towards him, our knees touching. It's weird as hell and I almost wince since I hate this person so much, but thank god for alcohol courage, I don't allow myself to overthink it. I'll just let him think this is tipsy me.

"Did anybody touch you?" Wayne cocks his head to the side, probably wondering what the hell is up with this stupid grin on my face. If Bianca is observant enough, she should be able to notice our strikingly similar blue-green eye colour, but she clearly isn't.

"Well yeah," I nod and grin. "Are you ready to punch some idiots?"

I see Cass and Carson chuckling away nearby, holding their fists against their lips. They must be enjoying this.

Bianca is almost ready to slap me at this point, her cheeks flushing red in anger. Damn. I haven't even started my semester and I'm already making enemies in progress.

Wayne instantly shifts to face me completely, his brows furrowing. "Tell me who!"

I would've been frustrated at this point if this isn't supposed to be tipsy me. But this is. So I continue wearing that idiotic smiley face, giggling at nothing that's funny. "Does Drew counts?"