40.

(Picture of Andrew Miller)

A/N: 'Update again', you asked? I heard you. ;)
• • •

"Say, between someone who has slept casually with ten people and someone who has slept with the same person for three years; which would you choose?" I blurt out randomly.

Three of us are lying down horizontally across my bed so that neither of us will roll off the sides, although it is equally uncomfortable that our feet just hangs off the edge all night.

"Well, if you put it this way..." Cass flips around to face me since I'm the one laying in the middle.

"Technically, if the former is able to stop his ways and settle down; then I'll pick the first." Ally chimes in from my right.

"Precisely." I agree.

"But someone who has slept around will find it hard to curb their behavior, no? Who's to say they'll stop fucking just for one single person?"

"If they were like me—having one-night-stands that you won't ever meet again or even remember much about; I'd think it's easy to stop. Because those fucks don't mean a thing to me." I tried to counter, although yea, that's just me. Clearly I've seen enough of people who won't stop sleeping around.

"Hmm," Cass hums. "Maybe it's just me, but I prefer the latter."

"Really?" Ally inquires. "If they fucked for years, I'd think they would have feelings or at least a soft spot for each other. I don't think I can handle it if my man tells me he needs to see to someone he used to fuck daily."

Exactly.

"I mean..."

"Damn right, Ally." I sigh. "That is what I have been so insecure about. I'll never know when is he going to drop me and go back to her. He has a soft spot for her. And it scares me y'know? That I'll never be as important to him as I thought I'll be."

Cass lets out a sigh too, bringing her thigh over my hips. "Then, fuck this shit. Maybe you're right. Maybe it's so much better to be single and carefree. Heck, I'd think my tongue skills can compete. We don't need no men."

Ally and I burst out chuckling.

Ally then imitates Cass' position, bringing her thigh over my hips too, eliciting a groan from me who's underneath all their weight.

"Gosh. If I suffocate in the night, know that the cause of death with be both your legs!"

———

I stir awake, seeing behind my closed eyelids that my room's still completely pitch black. Thankfully, some time in the night, both of them shifted their legs away from me and I could sleep in peace. I wasn't having any dream nor was I trembling from the cold. My blanket is nicely wrapped around me still. So why am I awake?

Then I hear it. Loud shuffling and muffled shouting can be heard from downstairs. I don't know what time it is, but I feel Ally prop herself up on her elbow reaching for something.

"What's up?" I fling one eye open and mutter groggily. She has her phone in her hands; the brightness almost blinding both of us when she pressed on the screen.

"It's 3:20AM. What the hell." She furrows her brows, clearly heard the same noise as I did. Otherwise, why would we wake up at the same time?

"It's probably just the guys-"

My words got stucked in my throat when a heavy thump sounded, even piercing through my bedroom door. I sit up immediately, wondering if it's an intruder or just the guys playing wrestling.