10.

A/N: So when I first started looking for face claims, I had a hard time trying to find a girl that fits what I pictured Kelsey to look like

A/N: So when I first started looking for face claims, I had a hard time trying to find a girl that fits what I pictured Kelsey to look like. The closest I could find was the current Tumblr girl photo in her collage on the first page, but I couldn't find out the identity of that girl.

After much considerations, I've decided to cast Chrissy Costanza for Kelsey's role. Just imagine Chrissy with light make-up — maybe just a thin line of eyeliner, and with dirty blonde hair plus blue-green eyes.

But of course, feel free to imagine Kelsey as whomever you want. This is just what I picture for now, and it may change if I do find someone else who fits the bill better. ;-)

• • •

For the most part of my life, there was always this one person who was my constant. Despite me being the goody-two-shoes and her being the equivalent of a school belle, we were the best of friends since we met in second grade. Her name is Yvonne Rayner.

She was the one who stood up for me when the kids at school were sneering at me for being friends with her. She's the girly type who indulges herself in pink & glitter, and she's always seen with a large bow hair tie on top of her ponytail. On the other hand, there was me — who wears ninja turtles t-shirts because they were hand-me-downs from my beloved brother. Naturally, I stood out like a sore thumb beside Yvonne, who was a really likeable dancer, but for some reason, she stuck by me for ten years.

I didn't even mind the names I often was called, nor the bullying in school or at home. I knew Yvonne would always have my back, and she was the rare one who never cared about the good looking brother I have. She disliked him for the very reason that he hated me. Safe to say, when Wayne finally left home, she was as elated as I was.

But of course, all good things come to an end and no doubt did us. The moment I found her on the bed of my ex-boyfriend's bed —naked, was the day that concluded our decade long friendship. Anyone he could've cheated on me with wouldn't have hurt as much as it did than sleeping with my best friend. The two most important person betrayed my trust for them, tearing whatever self-esteem I had left down to pieces.

The worst thing that came out of this is that I realize I'm still not over it. After an entire year, I find myself wallowing in fear of opening up to people. If someone whom was so dear to me could backstab me that way, who's to say the next person I befriend wouldn't?

You're supposed to come to Boston to start anew. My subconscious says, and for once I choose to heed it.

I did made up my mind to move away in an effort to move on from the past. Why am I allowing the both of them to continuously question my own self-worth? I ought to quit letting it impede me from making friends again. Now's my chance at restarting.

Go, Kelsey. Don't let the demons get to you.

So here I am, my third day in the campus of Edge Vista University. We are having our freshman orientation week, an icebreaker and socializing attempt by the school to get the newcomers familiarize with the environment.