39.

(Picture of Ally Edison)

A/n: Happy Mothers' Day! ☺️
• • •

The moment I step into the house where I haven't been at for two nights, I let out a breath I didn't even know I was holding. Somehow, it have become uneasy and slightly suffocating being in a room or a car with Zac.

As much as I thought I'd be able to move on from this, I struggle to comprehend the fact that I no longer feel secured with him. My mind simply couldn't stop replaying those several times I watched him leave me behind for someone else. When he pecked me on the lips, all I felt was reluctance and apprehension.

For the first time ever, I feel relieved seeing my brother sitting on the couch in the living room. I was worried to be home alone with Zac; whether I'll be able to avoid him without being too obvious, or whether he'll sneak into my walls again when I'm vulnerable.

After removing my shoes, I make my way to the couch and plop myself down next to Wayne. Keeping Up With The Kardashians is playing on the TV but he's half-heartedly scrolling through his phone in his hands. He hasn't even acknowledged me more than just a glance since the front door opened.

Wanting to annoy him and at the same time yearning for some comfort; I snatch his left arm away and hug it like a koala bear—leaning my head on his shoulder at the same time. He's startled at first as I feel him almost wanting to shrug me off, but slowly relaxes and goes back to scrolling his phone with his right hand.

Drew emerges from the room upstairs, passing by Zac who is wordlessly bringing my bag up to my room. "Eh bro." I watch as he claps Zac's back and they exchange their usual brotherly handshake.

He comes on down and spots me in this weird position with my brother but tries not to make a big deal out of it. "Hey babe. Feels like I haven't seen you in a looooong time." Drew sneaks up behind the couch and ruffles up my hair.

Normally I'll mess up his hair back, but this time I let him do it, not even lifting my head up to glare at him. As if sensing something's different, he leans over and peers at my facial expression. I feel Wayne lift his head up and probably mouth something to him before he goes to the kitchen instead, Zac following behind shortly after.

Now left alone, Wayne shuts his phone off and clears his throat.

"What?" I say without looking at him, sticking my cheek on his shoulder.

"What are you doing?" He swings his left arm to make a point.

"I don't know. Kidnapping your arm?"

"What have my arm done to you?"

"Nothing. I'm just using it. Surely you wouldn't mind having one less arm for awhile." I mutter.

"If you aren't my sister, I'll think you have a crush on me considering how you have a thing for wearing my clothes." He says, referring to the hoodie of his that I'm still wearing from yesterday. Jeez.

I shift my body to make myself comfortable but continue to keep his arm hostage. "It's called borrowing." I inform him.

"Is this really Kelsey or are you possessing my sister's body?" He teases.

I don't even bother responding to him, simply snuggling up to him as if it's not weird at all. I don't even know why I'm doing this. Maybe after trying to run from everything, I merely got tired and wanted something to remind me of home.

Wayne just happens to be the nearest and most convenient one to fit the bill.

I hear him sigh after a minute of silence. "You know you can talk to me right, Kel?"