20.

: *MATURE CONTENT AHEAD*
• • •

Mondays are the only day of the week that I usually get the house to myself. Wayne goes for his classes at 12 noon and only return home at 10PM after his boxing trainings. The guys don't ever come on Mondays either since they have their own commitments.

It's 5:30PM when I decide that I'm hungry, again. Despite the lunch I had at two, the urge to munch on something keep bothering me so much that I leave my room to ransack the kitchen for snacks. One movie and two large bags of Lays later, I'm still not satisfied; so I dig around for a cup of instant noodles and wait for the kettle to boil.

Abruptly, I hear the click of the front door opening and I poke my head out to see who could it be.

"Zac? What are you doing here?" I eye him curiously. He's wearing the same sweater, jeans and sneakers from earlier at college. His vintage glasses that he only wears in school is nowhere to be seen.

He shuts the door behind him and removes his shoes, his backpack placed on the floor. "Why? Am I not allowed to be?" He smiles lazily at me, walking towards the kitchen.

I return back to the kettle. "I mean, none of you comes on Mondays."

"Well, I decided to come now. Wait, what are you making?"

"Noodles?"

"Is that really the crap you eat all the time? I already saw the two empty packagings on the table." He frowns at me, coming over to snatch the cup noodle from my hands.

"Hey!" I grunt, reaching for it but he's obviously too tall for me when he lifts it up high.

"Couldn't you have ordered food to eat instead of all these junk?" He shoves it back in the highest cabinet.

"I was hungry and I didn't want to wait!" I cross my arms in frustration.

He starts moving around the kitchen without a word. "What are you doing?" I ask.

"Go outside and wait. Ten minutes."

———
I pick up my now empty bowl and proceed to the kitchen. Zac managed to whip up delicious chicken noodles soup with egg and hotdogs in a span of ten minutes and I was impressed. He has always been the one settling breakfasts for us on weekends anyway, so I never doubted his cooking skills.

I continue to scrub the dishes until I feel a presence behind me. He make sure that he's not touching me, yet he's standing so close as if there's only millimetres apart between our bodies. I can practically feel his warm breath every time he exhales from his nose.

He places both his hands at the sides of the sink, caging me in without any body contact. I stiffen a little when he bends down to my height from behind, but quickly cover it up by resuming my activity.

"If you wanted to wash the dishes, you could've said it earlier you know. I wouldn't have fought with you." I tease.

Weirdly, I didn't have to see his face or feel him on my skin to know that he must be smiling. "You're trying to act normal." He chuckles. "It's cute, really. I don't even have to touch you for you to react to me."

I tuck my bottom lip in with my teeth, stopping myself from saying anything on impulse. Ignore him, ignore him.

"Will you stop?" I groan, placing the cutleries on the drying rack. Zac helps me with the pot and bowls, still not touching me although his arm did brush mine during the movement.

"I will not," he whispers into my ear. "I'll make you cave eventually, Kelsey."

Oh, he thought.