32.

(Cassandra Santiago)

A/n: double update!!!
Does anybody ever imagine themselves living in fictional books? I'm going through a hell of undeserving shit right now in real life, and really, all I want is to dive into a sweet, romantic wattpad book and hope I wake up feeling okay again.
• • •

The rest of January goes by in a blur. I've had a couple of tests I had to study for. Wayne had a boxing tornament. Drew had a few soccer games. Zac had a band camp. Ally, well, was working her ass off as usual. We were all busy with our individual routine and life had slowly became mundane. We still tried to keep our weekends free though, although it was never really a full attendance anymore.

Zac and I had sort of gone public with our 'thing'. I still didn't know what we are since we haven't put up a label yet. But ever since he kissed me in front of everyone that day, he haven't stopped showing me off. He'd still fetch me to and fro school as much as he can. The only thing Wayne asked of us was not to have sex in the same house when he's around; which we agreed to, other than the times when we discreetly do it while everyone's asleep in the middle of the nights. However, it felt good that he no longer had to sneak in and out of my bedroom now.

It's a certain Thursday when I finally get to see Zac after an entire week. He went away for his band camp, hence, we didn't get to see nor talk to each other much other than the occasional texts and FaceTime.

"God, I missed you." He opens up his arms to me as he leans against the hood of his car. I walk up to him and let him crush me to his chest, smelling him.

"I miss you too." I glance up at him, feeling his clean-shaven jaw with my fingertip.

He had come to see me as soon as he ended his band practice today and it made me happy that I was his priority. "How's your test?"

"I survived." I sigh. Today was P.E, and as much as we hope we would only have a written test, we ended up having a physical one too. "I passed the 1.5 miles run with a time of 12 minutes."

"Wow. You used to clock fifteen? Damn, that's a big improvement. So proud of you." He bends down to peck both my cheeks then my forehead.

Before we can discuss about our after-school plans, I hear someone call out his name from behind.

"Zax!"

He spins around, acknowledging her with a smile. "Hey Bex."

Becca's eyes momentarily flickers to me before they focus back on Zac. "Can I speak to you?" She pauses. "In private?"

Zac turns to me with an 'is-that-okay?' look, while I simply shrug in response. No reason to be jealous. I'm not a paranoid girl. I've learnt to trust. He's not like J. Nope.

"Sure." He answers her. "Baby, I'll be back in a sec, okay? Wait for me." He winks at me and I nod, watching him catch up to her as they chat about god knows what. Probably their band related stuff, I hope.

Sadly, an hour passed and he still isn't back. I'm not sure if what they were talking about was so urgent that he had to leave and settle it. He didn't leave me a message. I waited by his car playing games on my phone, smoked a cigeratte or two but he was still nowhere in sight. Dejected, I decide to ring up Cass to see if Carson's with her. Carson had been fetched me for a couple times this week, but today he was supposed to be hanging out with Cass and I didn't want to ruin their date.

"Hello?"

"Hi Owens. How can I help you?"

"Are you busy right now?" I ask, hoping she's not in the middle of a make-out session with him.