23.

(Picture of Wayne Owens)
• • •

We head to KFC for lunch since it is going to be Drew's treat. Among all of us, Drew isn't as well-to-do as the rest since he's the only one who doesn't have a car. Most of the time, he takes rides from Wayne or travel on public transportation. We didn't want him to go even more broke than he already is, so we chose KFC although feeding six people is still going to cost him quite a sum.

"Why isn't Wayne here again?" Cass brings it up when the six of us settle into our seats. The girls sit on side while the guys sit across us.

"Bianca duties, he said."

Ally isn't as annoyed about him anymore. In fact, she has been actively trying to ignore him even during our Fridays lunch where she joins us for half an hour usually.

"What about that devil?" She scrunches up her nose.

"It's a long story," Drew continues, although we all feel like he probably shouldn't be revealing this to us since it isn't his story to tell. "So, Bianca is cousin to Justin."

Justin. I haven't heard that name in ages. He has already graduated from our college but he's still an alumni, although thankfully I haven't bumped into him ever since the first party three months ago.

"Justin Rickson?"

He nodded. "Yup. And I think y'all by now should know Justin is a mother fucking asshat."

Everyone except Ally agrees silently. Ally hasn't met him before so obviously she isn't going to make any judgement. "How's that relevant to why he's fucking Bianca?" I ask crudely, not giving a damn to my language.

"Well, you see." Drew puts down the fried chicken in his hands and takes a sip of his coke. "Justin was the guy that his ex dumped him for."

A collective 'ooooh' comes out of Ally's, Cass' and my mouth. I haven't exactly heard that story before other than that one time that Zac briefly mentioned to me. It's no surprise that I generally don't ask people about their personal matters until they want to tell me on their own accord.

"And Bianca knows about it. I mean, she knew it beforehand it was going to happen."

"How?"

"She hated June." I assume that's my brother's ex-girlfriend's name. "And you probably won't find it shocking that some girls are absolutely mental and will do whatever it is to get whoever they want."

Oh, we know. I can attest that the female species is really fucking crazy.

"Okay. I think I see it now." I piece things up together. "So he's doing this for revenge?" The boys nodded. "But how is it revenging when he's pleasing her by being with her? That makes no sense whatsoever."

"That's the stupid part." Zac takes it on. "He wants her to fall for him and then make her watch him cheat on her."

"What?" Cass and I yell out incredulously. That's insane. Revenge cheating is stupid as hell and a never-ending cycle.

"I know right." Carson joins in. "He wouldn't even hear how dumb it is."

"The crazy part is, he plans the third party to be Justin's current chick." Drew mentions, making all of us take a second to process the information. That's possibly the craziest thing I've heard come out of a 22-year-old's head. My brother is officially brainless.

"And y'all just let him?" Ally asks in disbelief.

"What else do you think we can do, dearest?" That nickname is Drew's specific one for Ally. He almost has one for each and every girl he talks to. He calls me 'babe' or 'sweetheart' occasionally while Cass is 'darling'.