49.

(Cassandra Santiago)

A/N: I owe you guys an apology. This has been the longest 2-week wait for a new chapter and I'm so sorry! I've been busy working on self-care and taking my mind off things for awhile. Additionally, my kid's birthday is coming in a few weeks which was what I've been busy planning.

Thank you for being so patient as always. If you're new here, thank you for helping IHMB hit 48k during my absence. I can't even begin to describe how happy that makes me even though it may seem like a small amount to most of you. Writing and watching this book grow from 0 reads till now means a lot to me. I read every one of your kind comments and notice every vote, too, so thank you once again. ❤️

Are you ready to say goodbye yet?

• • •

A lot of things can happen in a span of a year. Will you believe that in a blink of an eye, I have officially completed my sophomore year in college as a Media and Communications major? Right, I know. The time-skip again.

There's so many things I have to catch you guys up on, but first, let's start with what's happening today.

"No... no! It won't zip!"

"Relax! Stop panicking! Stop flailing your arms and stay still!"

"Stop panicking?! What great advice, Edison! How am I going to walk out of here with my dress half-zipped and my stomach bulging?!"

Ally rolls her eyes but keeps her mouth tightly shut in a flat line. Everyone knows not to argue with a hormonal woman, needless to say a hormonal bride.

Wait. Did I miss out on some important details?

"I'm not getting married. I'm not doing this. This is a mistake!"

"You have about ten minutes to decide if you want me to drive the getaway car, Cass." I inform her, still desperately trying to zip her up alongside Ally.

"I don't know! I don't know! Do I really want this, Owens?" Cass turns around with doubts evident on her face. It really isn't cool to dissuade a bride on her wedding day, but I've always been forward with my opinion on this.

"I can't tell you what you want. But I'm telling you if you don't want this, I'll be the first to get you out of here. So make up your mind!"

Ally narrows her eyes and glares at me sternly. "Are you really helping?" Then she turns to Cass. "Calm down, calm down. Everything's gonna be fine. It's your big day! C'mon, breathe."

I let out a sigh. I probably am the worst friend ever.

"Fine. Suck it in for three seconds!" I command Cass. Her four months pregnant belly has somehow grew up a size since our last dress fitting just five days ago, hence the wardrobe malfunction right now.

Cass takes in a deep breath and sucks her stomach in like we told her to. In a combined effort—me holding the dress in place and Ally focusing on the zipper—we successfully manage to zip her up the spine.

"Oof," Cass lets out the breath she was holding. "Now... now I feel so tight I probably can't even sit." She looks like she really wants to break down and cry on the floor.

Ally and I share a look before we come up with a plan. As her bridesmaids it's only our job to ensure the bride is happy and ready to be married! Besides, we're best friends. We sure as hell can't let her walk down the aisle with her questioning herself.