44.

(Picture of Bianca)
• • •

"I hate you." I grit out, glaring at his unconscious body. "I've hated you almost all my life. I tried to like you before, but you were such a jerk and somewhere in my childhood, I just stopped trying. You were nothing more than just an annoying, detestful, idiotic brother that I wish I never had. And then for the past year, I was beginning to like you again!" A single tear roll down my cheeks.

"You." I jab a finger harshly into his arm, knowing he wouldn't feel it anyway. "You know you have plenty of people who'll be worried about you, and you still pull stunts like this!" I wipe the back of my hand across my face hastily.

"What am I supposed to do? You leave me alone here. What am I supposed to do?"

The door behind me creaks open slightly, making me halt my speech and I force my breathing right to stay compose. Turning my head around, I see the last person I ever want to see poking her head in.

"What in the hell do you think you're doing here?" I push myself to stand up, the chair screeching against the floor obnoxiously.

"I- I just wanted to-"

"No!" I yell, not giving a crap about how this is a hospital and we're supposed to stay quiet. "You don't get to come here! You're the reason he's even lying here in the first place! Get the hell out!" I storm towards her and physically shove her out the room. "Get out!"

Before any of the nurses can come forward and stop me from pulling her hair out, Zac and Drew come rushing down the hallway upon hearing the commotion.

"Hey hey hey!" Zac reaches me first, wrapping his arms around me to calm me down.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" Drew then takes a threatening step towards a visibly distraught Bianca. "We told you to stay away!" He himself scream, not helping.

"Andrew." Zac says in a warning tone, reminding us not to make a scene.

"Leave." Drew holds up a hand, gesturing to the end of the hallway.

Without a word, Bianca hangs her head and walks away.

———

"Baby."

"What am I gonna do? I don't know what to do."

"Baby."

"I haven't even called our parents! What am I gonna say? I don't even know how to tell them!"

"Baby!"

"God, it's been three days! Do you think he's ever going to wake up? What if he doesn't wakes up? What if he-"

Zac comes over and wraps me in a tight embrace, rubbing my back as I panic. "Shhh," he coos me. "Leave it to me. I'll handle everything. Will you just go home and rest for a bit? You need to sleep."

"I-"

"Don't argue with me on this," he pulls back at arms length and scrutinizes me. "You barely slept for the past few days. Trust me when I say this isn't a good look for Wayne to see when he wakes up. Go home, shower, rest up and we'll come back after." He orders me.

"Yeah, go on, sweetheart." Drew speaks up, slouching against the uncomfortable plastic chair by my brother's bedside. "I'll be here. Don't worry."

Although reluctant, I walk towards Wayne and grab onto his cold hand. "Stop sleeping and wake up soon." I mutter softly. Turning to my side, I pull Drew in for a hug knowing we're all in this together.

It has been three days since my birthday, the very same night when I received that fateful call from Ally. I can't even begin to describe that feeling when you hear about an accident over the phone with no further details. All she could manage to tell me was the hospital the ambulance was heading to, and she hung up. My heart was racing so quick yet my mind and body was stunned for a whole minute.