45.

(Wayne Owens)

A/N: This is overdued! I'm so sorry! Life has been hard to catch up on these days. Thank you for waiting patiently for my updates :)
• • •

"Get out!"

Loud screamings can be heard easily from the end of the hallway. I glance up to check the signs, making sure I'm not in the psychiatric ward.

"I said get out!" Someone shouted again.

I continue walking down the hall, knowing it's three in the morning and most patients are probably asleep, when Ally steps out of my brother's room—a hand covering her mouth as she hides her sobs. Immediately, my legs sprint towards her fearing the worst.

"Ally?" I call out to her as her body shakes. "Ally!"

She finally looks up to me with teary eyes, acknowledging that it's me. And then she collapses in my arms.

"What's wrong? Oh god. Is... is he..." I can't even bring myself to say the words.

"H-he woke up."

"What?" I gasp, pulling away to inspect her face. That's good news! Why is she crying? "When? He said anything? Heck, why are we standing here? Let's go in!" I try to tug at her arms.

But she pulls back, staying put.

"N-no. The doctors and nurses are in there." She explains, crouching down against the wall.

"What did he say to you? Why are you upset?"

"He's different, Kelsey. He doesn't want to see me. I think he hates me." She breaks into a sob again. "He asked me to get the hell out."

"O-oh." What the hell.

"You s-should go see him. He needs y-you more."

"Hey, no." I turn her around to face me. "I'm not leaving you out here by yourself. We'll go see him together."

"I don't know..."

Just then, my phone vibrates in the pocket of my sweatpants and I pull it out to see Zac calling me. I couldn't sleep and had drove to the hospital, forgetting to leave him a note.

Gently, I stand up and move to a corner, whispering. "Ba-"

"Where did you go?!" He asks in urgency. "Do you know how worried I am? I reached for you in bed and it was just cold sheets! I looked for you all over the house! And then I went outside to see my car isn't in the driveway! Jesus Christ, Kelsey! You-"

I quickly cut him off, not wanting him to ramble. "I know! I'm sorry!"

"Where. Are. You?"

"In the hospital, okay? I-"

"I told you to rest, baby! Why are you so damn stubborn? Why couldn't you at least have woken me up too? You know how I-"

"Wayne's awake!"

"-feel about you lea... wait, what?"

"He woke up! I just arrived not long ago. Ally said he woke up."

"That's great news! How is he?"

I stifle a sigh, knowing Ally's nearby and will hear me. "Look, um, can you come over? I haven't seen him yet. And Ally's just alone here. She looks like she hasn't slept in awhile either. I don't want to leave her outside when I go in. I know I took your car and all, but do you think you can, um, drive Carson's or your mum's?" I start to ramble myself.